Free G1000 sim

Old October 14th 06, 08:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Doug[_1_]

Default Free G1000 sim

I just want to learn the "knobology". I don't care about flying the
airplane. Any free or cheap G1000 sim software out there?

Old October 14th 06, 08:50 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Jim Macklin

at http://www.garmin.com/products/g1000/

G1000 PC Simulators:
The G1000 Trainer is designed to simulate the behavior of
the G1000 system interface and provide the user with the
safer environment in which to learn the basic operation of
the system. To purchase the latest Trainer for your
aircraft, use the links below::

Beechcraft
Cessna Nav III
Columbia
Diamond
Mooney
Tiger AG-5B

oups.com...

Old October 15th 06, 05:01 AM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Robert M. Gary

Doug wrote:
I just want to learn the "knobology". I don't care about flying the
airplane. Any free or cheap G1000 sim software out there?

I use it with my students. It does a good job with the knobology
although turning the knobs with a mouse is enough to make you throw
your soda at the screen. The autopilot simulation is terrible so its
difficult to do much vectoring (all turns seem to be steep turns and it
usually over turns). I believe Garmin charges just $3 shipping for the
CD.
However, the best way is in the plane. We have a GPU that we hook up to
the plane to provide power while going through stuff. If the student is
knowledgable about the 430 he's way ahead of the game. The G1000's nav
side is just like the 430 and nothing like the 480. The first step with
students is to teach them the page and cursor navigation stuff. If you
don't know that you'll always be lost.

-Robert

Old October 15th 06, 03:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Matt Barrow

"Jim Macklin" wrote in message
at http://www.garmin.com/products/g1000/

G1000 PC Simulators:
The G1000 Trainer is designed to simulate the behavior of
the G1000 system interface and provide the user with the
safer environment in which to learn the basic operation of
the system. To purchase the latest Trainer for your
aircraft, use the links below::

How does one purchase a free item?

Old October 15th 06, 09:19 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Jim Macklin

The OP asked for free OR low cost. $3-$4 is low cost.