Preliminary NTSB Report on the Oshkosh P51 Crash Released

Old August 4th 07, 06:03 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.military
Dudley Henriques[_2_]

Default Preliminary NTSB Report on the Oshkosh P51 Crash Released

Danny Deger wrote:

"Matt Whiting" wrote in message
Danny Deger wrote:

snip

You obviously outclass us all here (not!), so please take your ego and
go elsewhere.

Sorry, I got kind of carried away there. I will try and calm down a bit.

Danny Deger

I wouldn't worry too much about it Danny. Happens all the time on
Usenet :-)
I remember when I first started posting on these forums years ago.
Someone would either come at me with something personal, or attempt to
tell me that something I had been doing with an airplane for 50 years
and teaching others to do with airplanes for 50 years was all wrong.
I'd of course answer immediately with my entire biography, quotes
attesting to my fantastic prowess as a pilot from everybody I knew who
didn't owe me money or a bottle of Jack Daniels, and 600 word posts
telling the world I knew what the hell I was talking about.
Then one day something happened that changed the way I viewed Usenet
even to this day.
Somebody posted to a forum that I wasn't Dudley Henriques because he
knew Dudley Henriques and I definitely wasn't him.
My wife immediately answered the guy telling him that if he had a
moment, would he please tell the real Dudley Henriques to come the hell
home because the one she had been living with for forty years could not
be coerced even with the promise of booze and sex into doing yard work!

Dudley Henriques
Old August 4th 07, 06:17 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.military
Danny Deger

Danny Deger wrote:

snip

You obviously outclass us all here (not!), so please take your ego and
go elsewhere.

Sorry, I got kind of carried away there. I will try and calm down a bit.

Danny Deger

I wouldn't worry too much about it Danny. Happens all the time on Usenet
:-)
[...]

Thanks for the post. Did you go back home?

Danny Deger

Old August 4th 07, 06:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.military
Matt Whiting

Danny Deger wrote:
[...]

Better to ask Mrs. Henriques! :-)

Matt
Old August 4th 07, 07:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.military
Dudley Henriques[_2_]

Danny Deger wrote:
[...]

She would tell you that I STILL hate yard work.
DH
Old August 4th 07, 09:31 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.military
Morgans[_2_]

"Matt Whiting" wrote

You obviously outclass us all here (not!), so please take your ego and go
elsewhere.

Amen, brother!

NICE parting dig to the P-51 fliers, too, huh?
--
Jim in NC

Old August 4th 07, 09:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.military
Danny Deger

"Morgans" wrote in message

"Matt Whiting" wrote

You obviously outclass us all here (not!), so please take your ego and go
elsewhere.

Amen, brother!

NICE parting dig to the P-51 fliers, too, huh?

I can't help it if the best they can do is fly obsolete, underpowered
aircraft :-) Having said that, the P-51 is number one on my list to fly
someday. It may not be a fast as an F-4, but it is a lot better looking.

Danny Deger

Old August 4th 07, 11:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.military
Peter Dohm

"Dudley Henriques" wrote in message

Jeff wrote:
But seriously - from this group, can you imagine that a new thread

would
NOT
be started when the report is out?

Then can I opin on what I saw with my own eyes?

Eyewitness accounts of plane crashes are interesting when investigated.
At Cape May in 1971 at the Air Races we lost 5 planes in two separate
mid-air collisions in the same race. I was an eye witness to that event
along with many others. During the investigation, we interviewed several
eye witnesses. Many of these people had seen the event from the same
direction and the same angle. No two eye witnesses reported seeing
exactly the same thing. The macro picture was close, but the micro
details were quite different, and it's the details in such an event that
are needed by an investigating team.
I discussed this at some length with a friend of mine from the FBI on a
later occasion.
He verified what I had suspected; that there is a highly complicated
mental process involved with visual impact shock vs recall that involves
the mind "adjusting" what the eye has seen in an instant in time to
reflect a preconceived path of logic that involves the mind mentally
completing in recall by "adjusted" logic detail that the mind says
should be there to complete the picture.
The rest of it was WAY over my pay grade, but the bottom line is that
when you see something as traumatic as say a mid-air collision, your
eyewitness account of that event can be flawed.
Dudley Henriques

Very nicely stated.
Peter

Old August 5th 07, 12:00 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.military
B A R R Y

On Sat, 4 Aug 2007 15:47:33 -0500, "Danny Deger"
wrote:
It may not be a fast as an F-4, but it is a lot better looking.

I always thought the F-4 was way cooler looking.

I *like* P-51's a lot, but I've built lots of plastic F-4's!