Logbook Reg. Question

Old June 8th 06, 02:31 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Logbook Reg. Question

I'm looking for where in the regulations it says what an instructor must log
in a student's logbook. All I've been able to successfully find is the part
about how an instructor must sign a student's logbook. I know what has to be
there, but I want to see it in the regs.

Old June 8th 06, 03:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

61.51 covers logbooks. Paragraph (b) (2)(iv) covers instruction.
61.189 requires an instructor to log training.

Each of the Subparts has time requirements from "an authorized
instructor" that must be present in the logbook in order to qualify for
a certificate or rating. Your application form must match the time in
the book.

Terry DPEG SDL

Old June 8th 06, 09:10 PM
TowPilot185 TowPilot185 is offline
Junior Member

Location: Wichita, Kansas

I'll take a stab and assume US

61.87 - Pre-Solo Written endorsement
61.87 - Pre-Solo Flight Training endorsement
61.31(j) - Additional glider training, mainly aerotow around here

after 90 days:
61.87 - 90 day proficiency

You just mentioned logbook, don't forget to also sign the pilot certificate. These are make and model. Solos in the 2-33 then wants to fly the 2-22 since no one is using it will need another round of endorsements for the 2-22.
Old June 9th 06, 05:33 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

I ran into some logbook SNAFU's when applying for my cert, so I documented
them all. See my blog at
http://rogersoaring.blogspot.com/200...documents.html for
a list of the 15 (yes, 15!) documents and endorsements you need for the
Private Pilot - Glider in the U.S. (at least as of a year ago). I'm told the
local FSDO is distributing my list to examiners...

"Slick" wrote in message
I'm looking for where in the regulations it says what an instructor must

log
in a student's logbook. All I've been able to successfully find is the

part
about how an instructor must sign a student's logbook. I know what has to

be
there, but I want to see it in the regs.

News==----

Newsgroups

=----

CFI Logbook question kontiki Piloting 12 March 26th 06 02:17 PM
Schweitzer Sailplane Logbook? jcarlyle Soaring 1 February 15th 06 06:40 PM
Too close? Too small? [email protected] Rotorcraft 55 June 19th 05 05:07 PM
Lyc. O-360 cylinder question JB Owning 13 November 27th 04 09:32 PM
Legal question - Pilot liability and possible involvement with a crime John Piloting 5 November 20th 03 09:40 PM