$7.42/gallon avgas

Old November 2nd 06, 08:19 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Ross Richardson[_2_]

Default $7.42/gallon avgas

Grumman-581 wrote:
"Marco Leon" wrote in message
ups.com...

I have to chuckle when someone claims that they can't find decent food
in NYC. Clearly not from personal experience even if it is in jest.
Have you ever been to Virgil's or Daisy May's? NYC has some of the best
eating in the world, you just need to know where to look. Seeking out
good eats is a city-wide pasttime here.

Sorry, but you can't get *real* BBQ outside of Texas... The best that you
can hope for is that the imitation might not be completely unpalateable...
BBQ is a religon in Texas... We know *everything* about it and the rest of
the country knows ****... Don't believe me? Well, just ask us...

OK, Grumman-581, I live in Texas (30 years now) and I still think the
best BBQ is in Kansas City, Mo. Wonderful stuff. I used to live there
30+ years ago. But, we are going OT now.

--

Regards, Ross
C-172F 180HP
Old November 2nd 06, 09:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Marco Leon

NW_Pilot wrote:
You, know who holds the world record on price ??? well the highest I have
ever seen!!

Nasasuraq Greenland about $13.00 a Gallon for 100LL last time I was there.

That's because they got you ferry pilots by the balls and the law of
supply and demand. That law is at work in TEB as well since it's the
closest GA airport to Manhattan.

Marco

Old November 2nd 06, 09:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Marco Leon

Grumman-581 wrote:

Ahhh, but is it good enough to make it worth having to associate with
New Yorkers?

Let me guess, you also think that NYC is riddled with crime as well and
you'd probably wear your backpack in the front. Probably from 'dem
fancy holleewood movies...

Old November 2nd 06, 10:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Grumman-581[_1_]

Ross Richardson wrote:
OK, Grumman-581, I live in Texas (30 years now) and I still think the
best BBQ is in Kansas City, Mo. Wonderful stuff. I used to live there
30+ years ago.

I suspect that your time there corrupted your taste buds...

Located at SWI, huh? $2.62 100LL... Damn, I with my local airport had
100LL for that...

--
N581 -- AA5A -- AXH
Old November 2nd 06, 10:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
.Blueskies.

Default $7.42/gallon avgas - OT!

"Ross Richardson" wrote in message ...
: Grumman-581 wrote:
: "Marco Leon" wrote in message
: ups.com...
:
[...]
: --
:

OK, OT for sure, but the best BBQ is the Santa Maria BBQ (California if you're wondering!)

;-)

Old November 2nd 06, 10:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
.Blueskies.

"Grumman-581" wrote in message ...
:...
: Of course, besides that point, Florida seems to think that *pig* is
: BBQ... As every Texan knows, *real* BBQ is not just *beef*, but beef
: *brisket*...

No, not brisket (yes good) but TriTip (excellent!)

Old November 2nd 06, 10:16 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Grumman-581[_1_]

Marco Leon wrote:
That's because they got you ferry pilots by the balls and the law of
supply and demand. That law is at work in TEB as well since it's the
closest GA airport to Manhattan.

Nawh, Flushing is...
Old November 2nd 06, 10:18 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Grumman-581[_1_]

Marco Leon wrote:
Let me guess, you also think that NYC is riddled with crime as well and
you'd probably wear your backpack in the front.

Nawh, the problem with NYC is that it is full of New Yorkers...

Backpacks go on the back, fanny packs (with a .45, of course) go on the
front...
Old November 2nd 06, 11:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Grumman-581[_1_]

..Blueskies. wrote:
OK, OT for sure, but the best BBQ is the Santa Maria BBQ (California if you're wondering!)

You really should issue keyboard-alerts before saying things like
that... California, BBQ? ROTFLMAO...
Old November 3rd 06, 12:38 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jose[_1_]

Nawh, Flushing is...

.... gone, for all intents and purposes.

Jose
--
"Never trust anything that can think for itself, if you can't see where
it keeps its brain." (chapter 10 of book 3 - Harry Potter).

Avgas Coming Down? Jon Kraus Owning 60 September 11th 06 06:15 PM
Avgas plummets! Doug Vetter Piloting 24 December 16th 05 01:54 AM
Avgas STC Mike Granby Owning 12 September 6th 05 07:18 PM
Avgas price and the light plane ownership M Owning 56 July 10th 05 04:55 AM
Avgas Prices aluckyguess Piloting 14 May 6th 05 07:23 AM