Why don't voice radio communications use FM?

Old September 11th 06, 11:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

Default Why don't voice radio communications use FM?

RK Henry writes:

If you're honestly interested in learning, I think the best book I
could recommend is the FAA's publication "Instrument Flying Handbook."
Some may disagree with me, but I think it's an excellent text. I
bought mine years ago from the Government Printing Office, but I
notice that it can now be downloaded in PDF format.
http://www.faa.gov/library/manuals/a...ying_handbook/

Thanks. I had previously downloaded other stuff but I was not aware
of this.

There's really only one way to find out for sure. You might surprise
yourself. Challenging one's preconceptions often does that.

Maybe. If I join the idle rich one day I might try it.

Old September 11th 06, 11:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Peter R.

Mxsmanic wrote:

Thomas Borchert writes:

How in the world would you know?

Many pilots who use it have told me so.

Many pilots here told me you were a few kings shy of a full deck, too, but
I prefer evidence other than anecdotal.

--
Peter
Old September 12th 06, 12:50 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dave Stadt

"Peter R." wrote in message
Mxsmanic wrote:

Thomas Borchert writes:

How in the world would you know?

Many pilots who use it have told me so.

Many pilots here told me you were a few kings shy of a full deck, too, but
I prefer evidence other than anecdotal.

--
Peter

So far he has provided absolutely no evidence to support any of that wild
statements he has claimed to be the truth.

Old September 12th 06, 06:15 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

Peter R. writes:

Many pilots here told me you were a few kings shy of a full deck,
too, but I prefer evidence other than anecdotal.

The pilots who told me were pilots in real life. You never know what
someone is on USENET.

People who call MSFS a game haunt mostly USENET. When I talk to real
pilots they acknowledge that it's a simulator much more than it's a
"game," even if it obviously isn't real life. If they truly want a
game, there are other programs that fit the bill much more accurately
than MSFS.

I also know quite a few non-pilots who find MSFS to be a waste of
time, precisely because it's not a game to them. A few days I spent
an hour explaining to someone just how to get in the air and find an
airport to land with instruments (and MSFS makes this all very easy,
especially if you crank down the realism). I'm not sure that he saw
much game value in this, but his daughter has developed a fascination
with the simulator and he wanted to explain it to her. Maybe she's a
future pilot.

Indeed, MSFS is probably motivating a significant number of people
into flying for real every day, so I wouldn't knock it too quickly.

Old September 12th 06, 09:34 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Grumman-581[_3_]

"Mxsmanic" wrote in message
Right now I keep my Internet access and I sometimes fly for hours each
day.

I suspect that you need to increase your sim flying time and decrease your
USENET posting time...

Old September 12th 06, 09:34 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Grumman-581[_3_]

"Mxsmanic" wrote in message
People who call MSFS a game haunt mostly USENET. When I talk to real
pilots they acknowledge that it's a simulator much more than it's a
"game," even if it obviously isn't real life. If they truly want a
game, there are other programs that fit the bill much more accurately
than MSFS.

We've tried to explain things to you, but you just won't listen... I have to
wonder why you would even post to this group... Apparently, it is just so
that you can hear your own self talk... Frankly, I'm giving up on you... Go
back to your sim group and talk to them about your problems... I suspect
they'll be a lot more understanding of you than we will ever be...

I can't decide if you're a troll or just clueless... If a troll, you're one
of the more polite trolls that I've encountered on USENET, so that leads me
to believe that you're just clueless... A lot of the regulars here have
tried to give you a clue, but it's just not working on you...

Feel free to talk to yourself... Followups set appropriately...

bitch-slap

plonk

Old September 12th 06, 09:34 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Grumman-581[_3_]

"Roger (K8RI)" wrote in message
And to think I almost purchased one of these (relatively low time and
in good shape) plus a brand new spare engine still in the can less
than 10 years ago for about the same price I paid for the Debonair.
THAT would have been a *good* investment!

Calculate the hours (or perhaps distances) that you've flown in the last 10
years and see how much fuel you would have used in the L-39... It might be
interesting to see how the numbers work out once you factor that in... Might
as well factor in the cost of annual inspections... Surely they are more
expensive than the Deb, right? Also, I wonder what the difference in the
insurance would be each year.... Personally, I have a bit of trouble
justifying
something that burns 130 gph on it's *economical* setting...

Old September 12th 06, 09:54 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Thomas Borchert

Peter,

He's already there, too.

Is he as dumb there as he is here?

--
Thomas Borchert (EDDH)

Old September 12th 06, 09:54 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Thomas Borchert

Mxsmanic,

Because of the way a compass is mounted, it will briefly tend to
continue moving after a turn.

Yes. So?

--
Thomas Borchert (EDDH)

Old September 12th 06, 09:54 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Thomas Borchert

Mxsmanic,

Maybe. If I join the idle rich one day I might try it.

Listen. Many people here have tried to tell you they are not "the idle
rich". Quit spouting utter BS. What are you trying to achieve?

--
Thomas Borchert (EDDH)

I Hate Radios Ron Wanttaja Home Built 9 June 6th 05 05:39 PM
AirCraft Radio Communications [email protected] Rotorcraft 0 November 13th 03 12:48 AM