Piper Lance

Old November 2nd 03, 09:07 PM
Tony

Get a Piper Comanche 250.
Or a 210 (if the price is right)

*** Sent via http://www.automationtools.com ***
Add a newsgroup interface to your website today.

Old November 3rd 03, 04:25 AM
Tony

Comanche 250: Safe, Fun and easy to fly, Fast, cheap purchase price,
cheap to fly, (i dont think as cheap as the arrow) Good backing from
many different company webco, international comanche socity, Lots of
mechanics work and know there stuff about the comanche. I was even told
a story about a guy taking off from Long Beach airport in a 1964
Comanche 250 1,100 pounds over gross and flying no stop to Japan. Now if
thats true I have no idea.

Cessna 210: my dad had a 1982 T210N. He said thats been the best plane
he flew in his life. The 82 210 has a fast cruise seed of 200 or so and
can go for ever, good landing gear, High useful load (my dads was around
1,500) They also are safe, and when you go to sell them you could get
your money back and then some. But they aren't the cheapest to fly nor
to buy.
HOPE THIS HELPS
I would go with the Comanche

Old November 3rd 03, 02:56 PM
Mike Rapoport

If he wants a Lance it is unlikely that a Comanche is going to be big
enough. An 1982 210 isn't in the same price range.

Mike
MU-2

Old November 3rd 03, 04:15 PM
Tony

Just opening up his choices!
Cant go wrong with a Comanche

Im not going to bring the T-Tailed Lacne down but how long did they make
it. It wasnt for very long. If it is such a good airplane then why did
piper quit making it, money or something like that, I looked into buying
a turbo T-Tailed lance. But then the Comanche came along. So now we are
going to be getting a 64 comanche 250 8389P
Hope this help
Tony

Old November 3rd 03, 05:34 PM
Mike Rapoport

Well it is not a question of what plane is best or the choice would be a
B36TC. Commanches and 210s wouldn't even be considered. I had a T-tail
Lance and had no problems flying it but neither I nor anybody else is saying
that the T-tail is superior to the conventional tail PA32s. What I and
others are saying is that the T-tail Lance offers an excellent value because
of its combination of performanc, room and price. If you want good
performance, six seats and a price under $150K, then the Turbo Lance is the
only choice.

Mike
MU-2

Old November 3rd 03, 08:12 PM
John Purner

Thanks to all for your comments they were insightful and I appreciate the
help. Seems like I need to do more study of the T-Tail Turbo. Time will
tell.

John Purner
Editor- The $100 Hamburger www.100dollarhamburger.com

nk.net...

Old November 3rd 03, 08:14 PM
John Godwin

Tony wrote in news:3fa67f09$0$193$75868355
@news.frii.net:

Im not going to bring the T-Tailed Lacne down but how long did they make
it. It wasnt for very long. If it is such a good airplane then why did
piper quit making it, money or something like that, I looked into buying
a turbo T-Tailed lance. But then the Comanche came along. So now we are
going to be getting a 64 comanche 250 8389P

I'd opt for a Comanche 260 (B or C models) with the fuel-injected engine
and a little more room in the cabin. I also have a many hours in a T-
tailed Lance and it's a real sweetheart, particularly in IMC.

--
John Godwin
Silicon Rallye Inc.
Old November 3rd 03, 08:39 PM

I've got a friend with a '58 Comanche 250... a good example of a
perfect balance for an aircraft. It's a step up (or two) in roominess
from the Cherokee, but will fly fine with four people and some luggage.
It hits the wall at about 155-160 kts, so more power will just burn more
fuel.

Don't know much about the Lance, except that it's a slightly
different mission. Depends on how much you want to haul and how fast, but
the Comanche is a quite comfortable, pretty quick, and a relatively good
load hauler. Won't quite get the mileage as a Mooney, but people are
happier to work on it.

FWIW
-Cory

Tony wrote:
: Just opening up his choices!
: Cant go wrong with a Comanche

: Im not going to bring the T-Tailed Lacne down but how long did they make
: it. It wasnt for very long. If it is such a good airplane then why did
: piper quit making it, money or something like that, I looked into buying
: a turbo T-Tailed lance. But then the Comanche came along. So now we are
: going to be getting a 64 comanche 250 8389P
: Hope this help
: Tony

: *** Sent via http://www.automationtools.com ***
: Add a newsgroup interface to your website today.

* The prime directive of Linux: *
* - learn what you don't know, *
* - teach what you do. *
* (Just my 20 USm$) *

Old November 3rd 03, 09:13 PM
Ben Jackson

In article ,
John Godwin wrote:
going to be getting a 64 comanche 250 8389P

I'd opt for a Comanche 260 (B or C models) with the fuel-injected engine
and a little more room in the cabin.

Just remember that the room in the cabin comes from moving the baggage
bulkhead back. The overall dimension of the plane is longer, but all
of the length is in an extended cowl which moves the propeller/spinner
farther out for CG purposes. The rear seats in the 250 are already as
far back as they can go. The front edge corresponds with the wing spar.

--
Ben Jackson

http://www.ben.com/