Southern Arizona Storm

Old June 7th 06, 02:39 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting

Default Southern Arizona Storm

Here are photos of this afternoon's storm moving through northwest
Tucson. I'm standing in front of my hangar at KAVQ. From the first photo
until the last was about five minutes:

http://www.dentalzzz.com/IMG_0511.JPG
http://www.dentalzzz.com/IMG_0512.JPG
http://www.dentalzzz.com/IMG_0513.JPG
http://www.dentalzzz.com/IMG_0514.JPG
http://www.dentalzzz.com/IMG_0515.JPG
http://www.dentalzzz.com/IMG_0516.JPG
http://www.dentalzzz.com/IMG_0517.JPG
http://www.dentalzzz.com/IMG_0518.JPG
http://www.dentalzzz.com/IMG_0519.JPG
http://www.dentalzzz.com/IMG_0520.JPG
http://www.dentalzzz.com/IMG_0521.JPG
http://www.dentalzzz.com/IMG_0522.JPG
http://www.dentalzzz.com/IMG_0523.JPG
http://www.dentalzzz.com/IMG_0524.JPG
http://www.dentalzzz.com/IMG_0525.JPG
---
Ken Reed
M20M, N9124X

Old June 7th 06, 05:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting

Here are photos of this afternoon's storm moving through northwest Tucson.
I'm standing in front of my hangar at KAVQ. From the first photo until the
last was about five minutes:

Neat photos!

We get something like that here every few weeks in the summer. Luckily, the
ground is moist, so the dust isn't kicked up so badly -- and there are
enough trees and structures around so that we can't see it coming from so
far away!

:-)

The tornado sirens went off again here yesterday. One touched down north of
town, but did no damage...

Luckily, the storm dumped a whole bunch of rain, which will keep "the Bread
Basket of the World" (or should that be the "Subsidized
Corn-So-That-We-Can-Ram-Ethanol-Down-Your-Throats Capital of the World"?)
humming along nicely.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old June 7th 06, 10:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting

Ken Reed wrote:

Here are photos of this afternoon's storm moving through northwest
Tucson. I'm standing in front of my hangar at KAVQ. From the first photo
until the last was about five minutes:

http://www.dentalzzz.com/IMG_0511.JPG
http://www.dentalzzz.com/IMG_0512.JPG
http://www.dentalzzz.com/IMG_0513.JPG
http://www.dentalzzz.com/IMG_0514.JPG
http://www.dentalzzz.com/IMG_0515.JPG
http://www.dentalzzz.com/IMG_0516.JPG
http://www.dentalzzz.com/IMG_0517.JPG
http://www.dentalzzz.com/IMG_0518.JPG
http://www.dentalzzz.com/IMG_0519.JPG
http://www.dentalzzz.com/IMG_0520.JPG
http://www.dentalzzz.com/IMG_0521.JPG
http://www.dentalzzz.com/IMG_0522.JPG
http://www.dentalzzz.com/IMG_0523.JPG
http://www.dentalzzz.com/IMG_0524.JPG
http://www.dentalzzz.com/IMG_0525.JPG
---
Ken Reed
M20M, N9124X

So, where's the video? :-)

Matt
Old June 7th 06, 11:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting

"Ken Reed" wrote in message
nk.net...
Here are photos of this afternoon's storm moving through northwest Tucson.
I'm standing in front of my hangar at KAVQ. From the first photo until the
last was about five minutes:

Looks just about how it looked when it got up here to Chandler...

Jay B

Old June 8th 06, 10:16 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting

In article ,
"Mike Noel" wrote:

Darn, looks like I get to dust my plane again this weekend. Ken, we must be
hangar neighbors at KAVQ. I'm in 202-3. I thought you were over at La
Cholla?

and I'm in 205-5 with Ken's old M20C....

--
Chris Schmelzer, MD

Old June 9th 06, 02:45 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting

Darn, looks like I get to dust my plane again this weekend. Ken, we must be
hangar neighbors at KAVQ. I'm in 202-3. I thought you were over at La
Cholla?

--
Best Regards,
Mike

'The first rule of intelligent tinkering is save all the pieces.' - Aldo
nk.net...

Old June 9th 06, 04:51 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting

Jay Beckman wrote:
"Ken Reed" wrote in message
nk.net...
Here are photos of this afternoon's storm moving through northwest Tucson.
I'm standing in front of my hangar at KAVQ. From the first photo until the
last was about five minutes:

Looks just about how it looked when it got up here to Chandler...

Jay B

Yep. That might be the ONE good thing about the hot weather and air
conditioners. I wasn't home when the dust hit, but I darn well knew
all the windows were closed.....
That bad thing was that when I did get home I had to stand my mesquite
trees back up.

The other bad thing was we saw it coming on the radar, and it scrubbed
my planned flight for the late afternoon. I do NOT want to play in
that stuff or anywhere near it.

Old June 9th 06, 04:55 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting

Darn, looks like I get to dust my plane again this weekend. Ken, we must be
hangar neighbors at KAVQ. I'm in 202-3. I thought you were over at La
Cholla?

I was for a year or so but I've been at AVQ for a couple of years now.
I'm in 207-2. We'll have to get together sometime, I still have the
'Sperminator' kit ;-)
---
Ken Reed
M20M, N9124X
Old June 9th 06, 03:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting

Ken Reed wrote:
We'll have to get together sometime, I still have the
'Sperminator' kit ;-)

Too much information.