All I wanted to do is try to fly on a 747!!!

Old January 29th 08, 04:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_24_]

Default All I wanted to do is try to fly on a 747!!!

Mxsmanic wrote in
:

Judah writes:

If 160 people want to go from JFK to ORD on a Thursday morning at
8am, they will fill a 737, but they will consume less than 1/3 of the
seats on a 747.

If 1000 people want to go from JFK to ORD on Thursday, they'll fill
two 747s or ten 737s. The main difference is in how much fuel is
wasted and how great an impact on the environment is created.

You are an idiot.

Bertie
Old January 29th 08, 05:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Gig 601XL Builder[_2_]

Mxsmanic wrote:
Judah writes:

If 160 people want to go from JFK to ORD on a Thursday morning at 8am, they
will fill a 737, but they will consume less than 1/3 of the seats on a 747.

If 1000 people want to go from JFK to ORD on Thursday, they'll fill two 747s
or ten 737s. The main difference is in how much fuel is wasted and how great
an impact on the environment is created.

If there were 1000 people that wanted to fly JFK to ORD at the same time
every day, every other day or even once a week there would be some
airline that would schedule the flights with 2 747's. There aren't so
there isn't. The airlines have found that the customers want flights
scheduled throughout the day at different times to match with their
individual schedules.
Old January 29th 08, 05:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Mxsmanic wrote:
Judah writes:

If 160 people want to go from JFK to ORD on a Thursday morning at 8am, they
will fill a 737, but they will consume less than 1/3 of the seats on a 747.

If 1000 people want to go from JFK to ORD on Thursday, they'll fill two 747s
or ten 737s. The main difference is in how much fuel is wasted and how great
an impact on the environment is created.

If frogs had a BRS, they wouldn't bumb their ass so hard when they land.

If you had a clue, you wouldn't have made this post.

--
Jim Pennino

Remove .spam.sux to reply.
Old January 29th 08, 07:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

Gig 601XL Builder writes:

If there were 1000 people that wanted to fly JFK to ORD at the same time
every day, every other day or even once a week there would be some
airline that would schedule the flights with 2 747's.

That was exactly the case in the past.

There aren't so there isn't. The airlines have found that the customers
want flights scheduled throughout the day at different times to match
with their individual schedules.

So why not have Citations leaving every ten minutes with five passengers each?
How can people complain about the effect of aviation on the environment while
accepting multiple, inefficient flights of small aircraft instead of a lesser
number of efficient flights of large aircraft? Where does one draw the line?
Is it any surprise that airspace is crowded?

Old January 29th 08, 07:50 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
John[_13_]

Except for the minor detail that a 777 is significantly greener then a 747
and will output less greenhouse gas per passenger mile so running more of
them benefits the environment as well as the needs of the passengers.

Old January 29th 08, 08:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Gig 601XL Builder[_2_]

Mxsmanic wrote:
Gig 601XL Builder writes:

If there were 1000 people that wanted to fly JFK to ORD at the same time
every day, every other day or even once a week there would be some
airline that would schedule the flights with 2 747's.

That was exactly the case in the past.

If there was only one carrier in the world you would probably see just
exactly what you want. One big ass plane flying from A to B as few times
per period as possible. Fortunately we don't have a monopoly on flight
in this country so one of the variable that comes up in the equation is
when do the passengers want to fly. Some want to leave at 0700 some at
0900 some at 1300 some at 1700 some at 2000.

There aren't so there isn't. The airlines have found that the customers
want flights scheduled throughout the day at different times to match
with their individual schedules.

So why not have Citations leaving every ten minutes with five passengers each?

There are people willing to pay the extra cost to have a Citation take
them some where when they want to go.

How can people complain about the effect of aviation on the environment while
accepting multiple, inefficient flights of small aircraft instead of a lesser
number of efficient flights of large aircraft?

Because, thank God, the environment isn't the only thing that drives the
economy.

Where does one draw the line?

At some economically viable point. The airlines are having a hard time
finding it so you probably won't get the right answer here.

Is it any surprise that airspace is crowded?

No it isn't. A lot of people need to go places.

Old January 30th 08, 09:33 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Why would anyone want to fly as SLF in a
a 747? *First class is nice, but coach just
plain sucks. *I've flown to Tokyo and London
in one and it was the least tolerable jetliner
I've ever flown in.

I agree.
Last weekend from Houston to Amsterdam in a 747 (8 hours +), that
hurts.
The seating in my C150 is less cramped than in that thing.(And the
onboard food is better too)

-Kees

Wanted ASW 20 Bruno Soaring 1 May 25th 05 11:10 PM
WANTED GPS OSKI 3 Owning 1 December 1st 04 04:17 PM
Wanted: One man rig Rich Chesser Soaring 0 August 13th 04 12:36 PM
Wanted: ASW-20, ASW-17 Dan Bourgeois Soaring 0 August 11th 04 06:49 PM
wanted to buy Cy Galley Aviation Marketplace 0 October 16th 03 04:14 AM