Lange Aviation story in Gliding International Jan-Feb 2015 issue

Old February 22nd 15, 03:26 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jonathan St. Cloud

Default Lange Aviation story in Gliding International Jan-Feb 2015 issue

Anyone seen the article in the recent Gliding International about Lange not being able to return a deposit or deliver the glider? Is this why the Quintus only has 14 builds? I did not see the article only the index of articles. I did see a youtube interview with Tilo who said they could not produce anymore Quintus' at this time and they had issues with Lange. Does anyone have real information about what is happening with Lange Aviation and their joint projects with other manufactures?
Old March 2nd 15, 09:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Peter Scholz[_4_]

Am 22.02.2015 um 04:26 schrieb Jonathan St. Cloud:
Anyone seen the article in the recent Gliding International about Lange not being able to return a deposit or deliver the glider? Is this why the Quintus only has 14 builds? I did not see the article only the index of articles. I did see a youtube interview with Tilo who said they could not produce anymore Quintus' at this time and they had issues with Lange. Does anyone have real information about what is happening with Lange Aviation and their joint projects with other manufactures?

I have no details about this dispute, but I personally know serveral
(former and present) Antares owners that were 'very unhappy' about the
customer relationship that was established towards them.

Outstanding procuct, and Lange appears to be a brilliant engineer, but
seems not always to meet the customers expections as an honourable
merchant.

--
Peter Scholz
ASW 24 JE
Old March 2nd 15, 11:17 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Pam Howarth

Well on the positive side I know of several Antares 20E owners
who have a good relationship with Lange Aviation, me
included. I was at the factory in December; all the staff I met
were very helpful indeed.

I have no information on this latest dispute but I am not sure
the last post Peter Scholz clarifies anything. Anyone who has
run a business knows that the customers can be a problem; do
any glider manufacturers have a 100% happy customer base?
Doubtless when the latest dispute is resolved the facts will
become clear, until that time some restraint might be in order?

David Walsh

Old March 3rd 15, 04:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob Kuykendall

On Monday, March 2, 2015 at 3:30:05 PM UTC-8, Pam Howarth wrote:

...some restraint might be in order?

Restraint? On the Internet?

Bob K.
Old March 3rd 15, 10:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Andrzej Kobus

On Monday, March 2, 2015 at 6:30:05 PM UTC-5, Pam Howarth wrote:
Well on the positive side I know of several Antares 20E owners
who have a good relationship with Lange Aviation, me
included. I was at the factory in December; all the staff I met
were very helpful indeed.

I have no information on this latest dispute but I am not sure
the last post Peter Scholz clarifies anything. Anyone who has
run a business knows that the customers can be a problem; do
any glider manufacturers have a 100% happy customer base?
Doubtless when the latest dispute is resolved the facts will
become clear, until that time some restraint might be in order?

David Walsh

David, have you read the article?
Old March 4th 15, 10:52 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Pam Howarth

Howarth wrote:
[...]

Andrzej: I did say that I "have no information on this latest
dispute"; so the answer is "No" I have not read the article
but I would like to read it; I cannot find it on the web, do
you have a link to the article?
David Walsh

Old March 4th 15, 10:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Andrzej Kobus

Howarth wrote:
[...]

I spent a lot of time thinking about buying Antares after seeing Dave climb significantly better in his Antares (20E with 18 m tips) than my ASG-29 in a very turbulent and weak thermal. I really like the Antares glider. It seems everything is done right in the glider. Saying all that when time came to order a new glider Antares was not my choice and it was not because of performance or cost.
I hope something changes with Lange. There are some commonality between Diana and Antares designers. They both could be much better at customer relations. I sent you a PM.