ASW20 liftup panel mod ,do you want one

Old September 7th 04, 08:56 PM
goneill

Default ASW20 liftup panel mod ,do you want one

I am getting a local engineering shop who does work for the local branch
of the Confederate Airforce to make a set of the parts for the M & H liftup
panel modification for my ASW20L and ordering in uprated gas strut from
the German manufacturer
Several of the local owners are interested and are ordering a kitset
as well.
Does any other ASW20 owner want to add to the order to help bring down the
cost to everyone ,estimated cost of the metal parts plus uprated gas strut
and pneumatic
connector is US$350
contact
Gary O'Neill
New Zealand

goneill at win dot co dot nz

Old September 8th 04, 12:32 AM
Paul

Gary
I assume you got a price from the manufacturer for their conversion kit? We
looked at a simliar arrangment but decided the factory one was far better.
Includes all fibreglass parts, new panel( which they can cut to you specs),
new instrument cover and hardware. Also is a TN note rather than a local
mod.
Looks alot nicer instead of a few metal bars holding the panel up. Makes it
into the 20C config with fibreglass underpan etc and new cover. Did the
conversion on an ASW 19 and it looks very smart.
I can send pics if you want.
Paul

Old September 8th 04, 09:05 PM
goneill

Yes it does look nicer etc but I am getting a lot of other work done and the
mod from the factory is a lot more expensive.
gary