Metric Aircraft Nuts and Bolts

Old December 14th 05, 01:17 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Metric Aircraft Nuts and Bolts

I am building a european glider kit. I am in need of some additional metric
aircraft bolts and nuts, something a grade higher than Home Depot. I have
had little luck finding information on what would be the metric equivalent
of US AN series hardware. I have been unsuccessful in determining what the
nomenclature is.

Can someone provide guidance on what I need to look for and any possible
sources?

Thanks
John Scott

Old December 14th 05, 03:09 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

John Scott wrote:
I am building a european glider kit. I am in need of some additional metric
aircraft bolts and nuts, something a grade higher than Home Depot. I have
had little luck finding information on what would be the metric equivalent
of US AN series hardware. I have been unsuccessful in determining what the
nomenclature is.

Can someone provide guidance on what I need to look for and any possible
sources?

Thanks
John Scott

John,

I don't know about aircraft grade metric hardware, but there is an
outfit that sells quality metric standard stuff. Try
http://www.metricmcc.com/

Good luck,

Uli Neumann
Libelle 'GM'

Old December 14th 05, 03:34 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Hi John,

I don't know about European standards, but I have purchased many metric
screws and nuts from www.mcmaster.com

Good Soaring,

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.
http://www.cumulus-soaring.com

Old December 14th 05, 05:37 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Look locally for a Fastenal store.

http://www.fastenal.com/web/home.ex

Tim

Old December 14th 05, 10:48 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

You could try www.friebe-luftfahrtbedarf.de in Germany for aircraft quality
parts if you can´t find
other sources in your country.

Nomeclature ist easy, M8 x 30 - 12.9 for example means

M ... Metric standard thread
8..... diameter is 8mm
30...length 30mm
12.9 means 1200N/mm˛ ultimate tensile strength, and a yield strength of 90%
of UTS.

Michael

Old December 14th 05, 04:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

At 10:54 14 December 2005, Michael Huber wrote:
You could try www.friebe-luftfahrtbedarf.de in Germany
for aircraft quality
parts if you can´t find
other sources in your country.

Nomeclature ist easy, M8 x 30 - 12.9 for example means

M ... Metric standard thread
8..... diameter is 8mm
30...length 30mm
12.9 means 1200N/mm˛ ultimate tensile strength, and
a yield strength of 90%
of UTS.

Michael

What grade/s of fasteners are considered to be aircraft
quality in Germany?

Old December 14th 05, 08:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

John Scott wrote:
I am building a european glider kit. I am in need of some additional metric
aircraft bolts and nuts, something a grade higher than Home Depot. I have
had little luck finding information on what would be the metric equivalent
of US AN series hardware. I have been unsuccessful in determining what the
nomenclature is.

Can someone provide guidance on what I need to look for and any possible
sources?

Thanks
John Scott

Try the nice folks at INACO.

They are a small aircraft hardware supplier located in San Antonio.
They are pretty receptive to small orders so, if they can, they'll be
eager to try to help you out.

Inaco Inc
130 Braniff Dr
San Antonio, TX 78216-3301