O2 Bottle for ASW27B

Old January 25th 07, 03:54 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jim Cumiford

Default O2 Bottle for ASW27B

I need a solution for an O2 bottle and EDS regulator
that fits my 27B with the seat back in the full aft
position. Any excellent ideas floating around out there?

Old January 25th 07, 04:28 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Easy. The EDS regulator fits directly on top of the bottle. You can
rotate the regulator outboard such that the seat back does not
interfere with the assembly. I used a heavy duty 3M Velcro like
product to attach the EDS Control head to the side of the cockpit
between the Landing gear Up and Down detents.

http://www.gliderforum.com/photos/sh...&currentpos=12

http://www.gliderforum.com/photos/sh...&currentpos=11

Old January 25th 07, 01:19 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Andy[_1_]

Old January 25th 07, 01:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Andy[_1_]

On Jan 24, 8:54 pm, Jim Cumiford
wrote:
I need a solution for an O2 bottle and EDS regulator
that fits my 27B with the seat back in the full aft
position. Any excellent ideas floating around out there?

For my 28 I used what seems to be the same bottle as Paul but found the
valve knob contacted the seat back. I replaced the valve knob with a
modified smaller knob from a water faucet (tap). I'm using a Nelson
regulator and had to extend the pressure gage so it could be seen in
flight.

Andy