Tullahoma, TN glider ops

Old October 19th 19, 05:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Matt McBee

Default Tullahoma, TN glider ops

I am interested in learning more about glider operations at Tullahoma, TN. I have family near that area and would be interested in flying my glider there during visits.

Matt
Old October 19th 19, 09:31 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Waveguru

The SSA has a map: https://www.ssa.org/WhereToFlyMap.asp

Boggs
Old October 20th 19, 01:15 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Tullahoma is a Civil Air Patrol operation. They will tow you if you are a CAP member. I landed out there this summer. I asked about a tow and they declined. They did help me relocate my ship closer to the FBO.
Old October 20th 19, 03:20 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Deming Gray

On Saturday, October 19, 2019 at 12:36:59 PM UTC-4, Matt McBee wrote:
I am interested in learning more about glider operations at Tullahoma, TN.. I have family near that area and would be interested in flying my glider there during visits.

Matt

Hi Matt,

I fly almost every weekend at Tullahoma. The Civil Air Patrol (CAP) operates two gliders there towing cadets and senior members (SM) of the CAP and providing CAP SM instruction flights. We will tow SSA members if they are also CAP members. I hope that the SSA towing arrangement changes in the future, we used to provide SSA members with tows anytime we were operating. You should come by and meet the crew.

Deming
Old October 21st 19, 01:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Echo

Eagleville and moontown and two actual clubs within a short distance as well