Happy Thanksgiving from Santa Barbara Soaring

Old October 23rd 14, 06:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
CindyB[_2_]

Default Happy Thanksgiving from Santa Barbara Soaring

SBS is pleased to announce their celebration of a year of business operations,
and an invitation to the public to come fly at Santa Ynez Airport over the November holiday weekend.

Towing service will be available on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. This is a seasonally good period for soaring weather, with cold fronts bringing ridge, wave and thermal soaring to our picturesque valley. Last year's event saw good soaring enjoyed by about thirty pilots over four days. Our rates are among the lowest for tows!

The surrounding communities offer alternate recreation for pilots and family members,with shopping available in Solvang for arts, antiques, crafts, and adjacent wineries and cultural events appealing to all tastes. Biking, hiking, or loafing in the myriad hotels and the variety of restaurants can fit any budget for a short getaway. This is a chance to justify breaking away from televised sports and embedded relatives, and bring the 'other-half' along for a socially-rewarding soaring weekend.

But, make your plans NOW as this is a tourist destination and last minute plans
may leave you camping on the airport.

SBS will repeat their oak-wood, tri-tip barbeque for Saturday evening. Flyers and non-flyers are welcome to participate and slobber on some Santa Maria style beef, or chicken, green salad, garlic bread and baked beans. Dessert will offer the traditional - pumpkin pie with trimmings and much more. RSVP please to sbsoar at yahoo.com .... or be "California-flexible"
and face the possibility of great company and an empty plate!

Santa Barbara Soaring would like to thank the Southern California soaring community for supporting us in our first year of flying. Come see us soon!

Old November 25th 14, 06:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
CindyB[_2_]

On Thursday, October 23, 2014 10:37:09 AM UTC-7, CindyB wrote:
SBS is pleased to announce their celebration of a year of business operations,
and an invitation to the public to come fly at Santa Ynez Airport over the November holiday weekend.

Towing service will be available on Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

I know, I know. You didn't plan ahead due to family pressures ( mandatory attendance - clean the yard, clean the house, clean up the dinnertable language), but you can finally see your way clear for a Saturday/Sunday slip away from in-laws and the endless football and beer/insurance/medical disabilities commercials.

Come fly !!

Amazingly, the weather pattern will shift for California to Real Weather by Sunday. We expect pre-frontal south-flow wave or ridge conditions, or enough instability to create thermals and convergence. In most places, soaring has hunkered down for the short-day duration, yet we enjoy our best flying right now. Plenty of tiedown and rigging room, great scenery, and affordable tows.

Please, please RSVP for the Saturday tri-tip dinner to sbsoaring at yahoo.com.

There is a lot for which to be thankful, in soaring and across the USA. Hug your families and friends, and offer someone a sailplane ride as a present.
Old November 26th 14, 04:50 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
gkemp

[...]

Great place to fly, I used to come out over New Years' weekend every year in the mid '80's, always had fun.

gkemp
Old November 27th 14, 10:32 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
BG[_4_]

I plan to attend this year.

Last year was a real treat

Buzz Graves BG

On Wednesday, November 26, 2014 8:50:05 AM UTC-8, gkemp wrote:
[...]

Happy Thanksgiving, all! Jay Honeck Piloting 10 November 22nd 07 05:31 PM
Santa Barbara xxx Piloting 2 December 20th 06 02:42 PM
Santa Barbara Airport Sculpture Fish Soaring 3 October 27th 06 12:23 AM
Happy Thanksgiving, all! Jay Honeck Piloting 13 November 28th 05 03:25 AM
Happy Thanksgiving gaylon9 Rotorcraft 0 November 25th 04 03:28 PM