Jonker JS4 Details

Old October 18th 19, 05:22 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul T[_4_]

Default Jonker JS4 Details

https://jonkersailplanes.co.za/js4/

Old October 18th 19, 06:05 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
JS[_5_]

On Thursday, October 17, 2019 at 9:30:06 PM UTC-7, Paul T wrote:
https://jonkersailplanes.co.za/js4/

What happened to the self-launching 18m/21m JS2?
Jim
Old October 18th 19, 06:19 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul T[_4_]

https://jonkersailplanes.co.za/js2/ and
https://jonkersailplanes.co.za/2019/...roject-update/

Old October 18th 19, 09:40 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
krasw

Looks like AS34Me competitor with 20 years more recent aerodynamics, interesting. Lets see the weight the thing, especially SL electric version (not that JS would tell that, though).
Old October 18th 19, 10:32 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Andy Blackburn[_3_]

JS4 has a retractable electric motor instead of FES and it can self launch.

“The JS4 will be available with the jet sustainer system as well as the new electric self-launch motor option which retracts into the fuselage for low-drag ultimate performance.“

Getting some extra mileage out of all that fuselage and wing work on the JS3. I’m guessing the electric motor might go in the JS3 as well unless the flap mixer gets in the way since it’s otherwise the same fuselage. They had been talking FES previously as an option for the JS3.

All that leaves is a high-performance two-seater - unless they want to try to crack the trainer market.

Admirable efforts.

Andy Blackburn
Old October 18th 19, 11:08 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul T[_4_]

At 09:32 18 October 2019, Andy Blackburn wrote:
JS4 has a retractable electric motor instead of FES and it can self

launch.

=E2=80=9CThe JS4 will be available with the jet sustainer system

as well
as=
the new electric self-launch motor option which retracts into the
fuselage=
for low-drag ultimate performance.=E2=80=9C

Getting some extra mileage out of all that fuselage and wing work

on the
JS=
3. I=E2=80=99m guessing the electric motor might go in the JS3

as well
unle=
ss the flap mixer gets in the way since it=E2=80=99s otherwise

the same
fus=
elage. They had been talking FES previously as an option for the

JS3.=20

All that leaves is a high-performance two-seater - unless they want

to try
=
to crack the trainer market.

Admirable efforts.

Andy Blackburn

A JS5 is listed as a product coming in 2024?????

Old October 18th 19, 03:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

What do they have for 13.5 M ?
Old October 18th 19, 03:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jonathan St. Cloud

On Friday, October 18, 2019 at 2:32:56 AM UTC-7, Andy Blackburn wrote:
JS4 has a retractable electric motor instead of FES and it can self launch.

“The JS4 will be available with the jet sustainer system as well as the new electric self-launch motor option which retracts into the fuselage for low-drag ultimate performance.“

Getting some extra mileage out of all that fuselage and wing work on the JS3. I’m guessing the electric motor might go in the JS3 as well unless the flap mixer gets in the way since it’s otherwise the same fuselage. They had been talking FES previously as an option for the JS3.

All that leaves is a high-performance two-seater - unless they want to try to crack the trainer market.

Admirable efforts.

Andy Blackburn

I would love to see Jonker's original thought on high performance two place.. And if you haven't shared a flight in a high performance two place you should put that on your list. My funnest flights have been in one hole of an open two holer.
Old October 18th 19, 04:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dave Nadler

On Friday, October 18, 2019 at 10:47:10 AM UTC-4, Jonathan St. Cloud wrote:
My funnest flights have been in one hole of an open two holer.

Yea, I used to fly my RHJ-8 open-canopy too...
Old October 18th 19, 06:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Steve Leonard[_2_]

On Friday, October 18, 2019 at 10:04:20 AM UTC-5, Dave Nadler wrote:
On Friday, October 18, 2019 at 10:47:10 AM UTC-4, Jonathan St. Cloud wrote:
My funnest flights have been in one hole of an open two holer.

Yea, I used to fly my RHJ-8 open-canopy too...

The RHJ-9 flew open canopy once, too. The flight before I got it. Needed some repairs. But, that was because it started the flight with the canopy on in the normal position, and ended the flight with the canopy "on" but in a not at all normal position (stuck to the tail).

Steve Leonard