The Castrati must return !!!

Old December 29th 06, 09:52 AM posted to rec.music.classical,comp.os.os2.advocacy,rec.aviation.products,demon.local,ne.weather
Michael Baldwin, Bruce

Default The Castrati must return !!!

clarinet.fan wrote:
"Michael Baldwin, Bruce" wrote in message
oups.com...
clarinet.fan wrote:
"Michael Baldwin, Bruce" wrote in message
ups.com...
clarinet.fan wrote:
"Michael Baldwin, Bruce" wrote in message
ups.com...
Ed Zagmoon wrote:
To save classical music, the Castrati must return,
because their voices were so wonderful, magical,
superb.

So my plan is to create some Castrati and train them
to be master-singers. Hey, these 2 balls just mean
trouble anyway, so let me cut them off and become
a famous singer.

Any volunteers?

I volunteer Dickless. After all, its not like he can make any use

of
them.

No guaranty that he would make a good singer. You heard the band he

was
in - how good a musician is he?

Not very good. Salieri would be a good musical nickname for him. The
blonde next to him was better.

Salieri was not that bad - just not as amazing as Mozart.

OK, so Dickless is worse than Salieri.

Right.

Good.

Naturally, I would be impressed if Dickless could both sing and play
his octocontrabass clarinet at the same time.

Tholen owns the octocontrabass??? Wow, maybe we could talk him into

posting
an mp3 - I've only seen photos, and would love to hear how it sounds.

From Dickless? Don't expect it to sound good.

It's a clarinet - how bad could it be? Anyway, I'm sure his clarinet sounds
better than his singing!

Probably.

Old December 29th 06, 09:55 AM posted to rec.music.classical,comp.os.os2.advocacy,rec.aviation.products,demon.local,ne.weather
Michael Baldwin, Bruce

Lora Crighton wrote:
Michael Baldwin, Bruce wrote:

Any volunteers?

I volunteer Dickless. After all, its not like he can make any

use
of them.

He's too old.

You sure? He's so immature.

Age is no guarantee of maturity. He's certainly past puberty even

if he
is still childish.

Infantile would be my description of choice for Dickless.

You could be right about that.

Glad you agree, fan.

I'm glad you're glad.

What does your gladness have to do with classical music, fan?

The operation needs to be done before puberty, but there is no
guarantee that it will be successful - I think it's only about 1 or
2% of the boys who had it done went on to be great singers.

Dickless hasn't got any balls anyway. Butt there's only one way to
check. I gather you'd volunteer in a flash.

LOL! I'm sure she would, but would he let her get close enough?

Why? Its not like he's got anything to lose! A0L!

He would have to give up his delusions of adequacy.

The sad part is that he probably thinks he's better than the rest of us.

He definitely thinks he's better than the rest of us.

Too bad the truth is out there.

Anyway, sound ideals have changed over the centuries, and it's
unlikely that the
castrato voice would be as popular today. Period performance is

all
very well, but audiences don't have period ears :-)

Women seems to like castrati for some reason. Not sure why.

They were like the rock stars of their day.

You mean like KISS?

Did women actually like KISS?

Maybe just Gene Symon's tongue.

Oh.

I think it was his. It was extra long anyway.

Old December 30th 06, 02:36 AM posted to rec.music.classical,comp.os.os2.advocacy,rec.aviation.products,demon.local,ne.weather
Michael Baldwin, Bruce

Ed Zagmoon wrote:
[...]

From Dickless? Don't expect it to sound good.

It's a clarinet - how bad could it be? Anyway, I'm sure his clarinet

sounds
better than his singing!

Probably.

I wonder what voice type Tholen is.

I'd be willing to wager its whiney.

Old December 30th 06, 02:37 AM posted to rec.music.classical,comp.os.os2.advocacy,rec.aviation.products,demon.local,ne.weather
Michael Baldwin, Bruce

Lora Crighton wrote:
Michael Baldwin, Bruce wrote:

Any volunteers?

I volunteer Dickless. After all, its not like he can make

any
use
of them.

He's too old.

You sure? He's so immature.

Age is no guarantee of maturity. He's certainly past puberty

even
if he
is still childish.

Infantile would be my description of choice for Dickless.

You could be right about that.

Glad you agree, fan.

I'm glad you're glad.

What does your gladness have to do with classical music, fan?

Classical music is one of the things that makes me glad.

Glad you like it, fan.

The operation needs to be done before puberty, but there is

no
guarantee that it will be successful - I think it's only

about 1 or
2% of the boys who had it done went on to be great singers.

Dickless hasn't got any balls anyway. Butt there's only one

way to
check. I gather you'd volunteer in a flash.

LOL! I'm sure she would, but would he let her get close enough?

Why? Its not like he's got anything to lose! A0L!

He would have to give up his delusions of adequacy.

The sad part is that he probably thinks he's better than the rest of

us.

He definitely thinks he's better than the rest of us.

Too bad the truth is out there.

What's too bad is that he can't seem to see it.

All too true.

Old December 30th 06, 06:49 AM posted to rec.music.classical,comp.os.os2.advocacy,rec.aviation.products,demon.local,ne.weather
Michael Baldwin, Bruce

Ed Zagmoon wrote:
[...]

From Dickless? Don't expect it to sound good.

It's a clarinet - how bad could it be? Anyway, I'm sure his

clarinet
sounds
better than his singing!

Probably.

I wonder what voice type Tholen is.

I'd be willing to wager its whiney.

He's probably still a soprano.

That's close enough for a castrato.

Old December 31st 06, 05:53 AM posted to rec.music.classical,comp.os.os2.advocacy,rec.aviation.products,demon.local,ne.weather
Michael Baldwin, Bruce

Lora Crighton wrote:
Michael Baldwin, Bruce wrote:

Any volunteers?

I volunteer Dickless. After all, its not like he can

make
any
use
of them.

He's too old.

You sure? He's so immature.

Age is no guarantee of maturity. He's certainly past

puberty
even
if he
is still childish.

Infantile would be my description of choice for Dickless.

You could be right about that.

Glad you agree, fan.

I'm glad you're glad.

What does your gladness have to do with classical music, fan?

Classical music is one of the things that makes me glad.

Glad you like it, fan.

I'm glad you're glad, Bruce. Music has always been, and always will be part
of my life.

I'm glad you're glad I'm glad you're glad, fan. Where would the world
be without music.

[...]

Maybe he need better glasses.

First he needs to find an optomotrist who can tollerate him.

Old December 31st 06, 06:01 AM posted to rec.music.classical,comp.os.os2.advocacy,rec.aviation.products,demon.local,ne.weather
Michael Baldwin, Bruce

Default Did everyone get what they wanted for Xmas?

wrote:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=S-5grqhj1b8

Dickless could use one of those! No, wait! On second thought, Dickless
wouldn't know what to do with it!

Old December 31st 06, 06:03 AM posted to rec.music.classical,comp.os.os2.advocacy,rec.aviation.products,demon.local,ne.weather
Michael Baldwin, Bruce

Ed Zagmoon wrote:
[...]

From Dickless? Don't expect it to sound good.

It's a clarinet - how bad could it be? Anyway, I'm sure his

clarinet
sounds
better than his singing!

Probably.

I wonder what voice type Tholen is.

I'd be willing to wager its whiney.

You could be right about that, Bruce. I'm sure there's a good reason that
he's in a band & not a choir.

Well, we know he can't sing for his supper.

Old January 1st 07, 04:11 AM posted to rec.music.classical,comp.os.os2.advocacy,rec.aviation.products,demon.local,ne.weather
Michael Baldwin, Bruce

Ed Zagmoon wrote:
[...]

From Dickless? Don't expect it to sound good.

It's a clarinet - how bad could it be? Anyway, I'm sure his
clarinet
sounds
better than his singing!

Probably.

I wonder what voice type Tholen is.

I'd be willing to wager its whiney.

You could be right about that, Bruce. I'm sure there's a good reason

that
he's in a band & not a choir.

Well, we know he can't sing for his supper.

In an old thread, Tholen wrote, "Let's put it this way: my instrumental
musical skills are far better than my vocal skills. Sure glad that nobody
was recording a dinner at a restaurant in Japan, one featuring a karaoke
machine... "

Was Dickless implying he was singing karaoke?

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.m...d5b2d06cae18e1

I would have loved to be there to heckle!

The next time he shows his face here, I'll be ready to heckle him. I'll
hold up a big sign saying something like "We're gald you can't sing
Dickless!".

Old January 1st 07, 04:13 AM posted to rec.music.classical,comp.os.os2.advocacy,rec.aviation.products,demon.local,ne.weather
Michael Baldwin, Bruce

wrote:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=S-5grqhj1b8

Dickless could use one of those! No, wait! On second thought, Dickless
wouldn't know what to do with it!

Perhaps he could use this. http://www.createamate.com/default.aspx

Nah, Dickless' got nothing to cast it off.