Baby Bush will be Closing Airports in California to VFR Flight Again

Old March 4th 04, 04:12 PM
Michael 182

Let's see, 50 years old, never voted Republican... yeah, I'm pretty sure.
;-)

Michael

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
It is as simple and
obvious as standing when the Star Spangled Banner is played.

Wow, are you *sure* you're a liberal, Michael?

:-)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old March 4th 04, 04:17 PM
CriticalMass

Javier Henderson wrote:

"Tom Sixkiller" writes:

"CriticalMass" wrote in message
I wonder where he was when Bubba shut down all LA traffic for two hours
while getting a haircut.

Careful what you quote, please. "CriticalMass" didn't write that.

Old March 4th 04, 04:57 PM
John T

"Larry Dighera" wrote in message

And his TFRs, in excess of 3,000 square miles in area, epitomize his
transparently audacious lack of respect for the fundamental freedoms
and rights of the nation's founding fathers' legacy.

Show me the decision he made declaring a single TFR and you'll have the
beginning of a case.

Larry, I'm all for putting the TFR's back to the way they were pre-9/11. I
really am. But the President is not personally responsible for all the ills
of the nation much less this one which affects a mere 0.2% of the nation's
population - even if all certificated pilots were in the area of a given
TFR.

You're fighting the right battle. It's just that you're fighting the wrong
opponent. The problem isn't the President because I *guarantee* the same
TFR's would and will be implemented regardless of the person or party
holding the office. The problem is with the bureaucrats below. The
President will not and should not concern himself with TFR's any more than
he would or should be concerned with the closing of roads for his motorcade.

If Congress were to get in the act and demand freedom of the airspace, we
*might* be able to start the ball rolling. I'm not optimistic based on the
"justification" required of the FAA for the DC ADIZ, though.

--
John T
http://tknowlogy.com/TknoFlyer

Old March 4th 04, 04:59 PM
John T

"Larry Dighera" wrote in message

So you're saying that now it's okay for Prohibited Areas to be
established wherever baby Bush frequents? A TFR is one thing, but
permanent Prohibited Areas are quite another.

Again, it's not the current President at issue. I propose P-40 as a prime
example of CJ's point.

Old March 4th 04, 08:26 PM
Jay Honeck

Let's see, 50 years old, never voted Republican... yeah, I'm pretty sure.

Well, you *could* be a Libertarian...

Nah, only liberals stick with what they believed in their youth...

;-)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old March 4th 04, 09:56 PM
David Reinhart

If Harry Truman could say "I'll tell you something else: that Richard Nixon is a
lying sonofabitch" what have you got to complain about? Free speech can be
offensive without being either indecent or obscene. If you can't handle that
concept, then *you* have something to get over.

Dave Reinhart

C J Campbell wrote:

"Larry Dighera" wrote in message

To what is it specifically, that you object?

Referring to the President of the United States as "Baby Bush" is extremely
offensive to many people. There is no reason to do it. Introducing such
derogatory terms has nothing to do with the purpose of the news group. It is
even more offensive for you to think that everybody is so stupid as to not
see what you are doing.

Old March 4th 04, 10:18 PM
Tom Sixkiller

"David Reinhart" wrote in message
If Harry Truman could say "I'll tell you something else: that Richard

Nixon is a
lying sonofabitch" what have you got to complain about? Free speech can

be
offensive without being either indecent or obscene. If you can't handle

that
concept, then *you* have something to get over.

Well, maybe you could learn to handle concepts correctly; then you'd have
nothing to get over.

Old March 4th 04, 11:28 PM
Bob Noel

In article GhM1c.43319$PR3.848806@attbi_s03, "Jay Honeck"
wrote:

Let's see, 50 years old, never voted Republican... yeah, I'm pretty
sure.

Well, you *could* be a Libertarian...

Nah, only liberals stick with what they believed in their youth...

um... does that make me a liberal?

--
Bob Noel
Old March 5th 04, 03:21 AM
Jay Honeck

Nah, only liberals stick with what they believed in their youth...

um... does that make me a liberal?

Well, I dunno. I've never met a life-long Republican before.

Many (most?) of us started out all starry-eyed, believing that everyone was
equal, and that the only reason some folks were paid more than others was
because of some amorphous "evil" in the world that held back "the people."
"From each, according to his abilities, to each, according to his needs"
wasn't just a Communist slogan -- many of us really believed it, and hoped
to make it a reality.

Those of us who obtained a liberal arts degree in college were REALLY fed
this line, and most of us swallowed it, hook, line and sinker.

It usually seems to take some true, harsh life experiences before one
realizes what a crock of sh*t all that really is.

What's that old saying? "A Conservative is a Liberal who has been mugged."
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

bush rules! Be Kind Military Aviation 53 February 14th 04 04:26 PM
God Honest Naval Aviation 2 July 24th 03 04:45 AM