Oshkosh 2005 pictures up

Old August 12th 05, 02:37 PM
john smith

Morgans wrote:
I think there would be a problem with bringing pods on trucks down the
airplane parking rows at OSH. Problem? No problem, they wouldn't let them.

The PODS are stackable.
Multi-story "units" could be stacked at the end of the rows to form
"villages". Rental price increases with height above ground. Height is
limited by transition surface (7:1 slope from runway edge).
Old August 12th 05, 02:41 PM
john smith

John T wrote:
(scrambling to discover how to turn old walmart into storage units...)

The building already has a loading dock in the rear of the structure.
Fork lift the storage containers within the building to the dock, load
onto delivery truck.
Old August 12th 05, 06:05 PM
George Patterson

Morgans wrote:

You know, if a gang regularly went to OSH camping, they could get all of the
stuff they need every year, and rent one of those small climate controlled
storage units, and just go and get their stuff when they get there, and put
if back when they leave.

Sunshine Rental is located 4 blocks north of the Whitman field FBO (end of the
bus line). It's at 1607 Ohio St. Phone is 920 426-2117.

That's the closest one I found.

George Patterson
Old August 12th 05, 06:08 PM
George Patterson

RST Engineering wrote:

2. Somebody HAS to be there the day before the show to tell the EAA
forklift operator where to dump the stuff.

Possibly the stuff can be kept in an enclosed trailer that can be moved to some
sort of parking area during the event?

George Patterson
Old August 12th 05, 09:16 PM
John T

Actually, I was thinking of turning the inside into self-storage units.
Hundreds of closet sized units.

John

Old August 12th 05, 09:27 PM
Hilton

Tony,

Okay, okay, it was a braai! Maybe I should have let someone else explain

the
party... :-P .... By next year I'll know everything there is to know about
the party.

Make sure you ask them about the boerewors, sosatis, and biltong!

Hilton

Old August 13th 05, 04:01 AM
Jay Honeck

But it can't be a "loose association". We need cubic feet and a formal
organization to approach EAA with this request. I'm willing to be the EAA
conduit, but you all have to form the association and request a specific
amount of cubic feet of storage.

Hmm. The "rec.aviation club" works for me.

Or do we need something more official sounding?
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old August 13th 05, 05:24 AM
RST Engineering

How about the "rec.aviation.owners". THat works for me.

I'll make some quiet inquiries on Monday.

Jim

Old August 13th 05, 01:35 PM
Jay Honeck

How about the "rec.aviation.owners". THat works for me.

I'll make some quiet inquiries on Monday.

Thanks, Jim.

Wow, just imagine. We could store our own MOAG (Mother Of All Grills)
"on-site", and we could have a pig roast every year! Not to mention all
the chairs, tables, and (dare I say it) coolers?

No more hauling around the PMC -- "Pimp My Cooler", AKA: "The Coffin"??

Wow, I can almost see Jim (Burns) and Montblack pumping their fists and
shouting "YES!" from here!

:-)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old August 13th 05, 02:02 PM
Jack Allison

Jay Honeck wrote:

Wow, I can almost see Jim (Burns) and Montblack pumping their fists and
shouting "YES!" from here!

Paul could make a few special trips to OSH, meet Jim, store PMC units,
etc. Ooooooooooooh, our own MOAG...now this is getting exciting. All
we need to do is convince someone (JimB/Paul, perhaps even Joe the grill
master) to rotate nightly shifts running the grill and we're set. No
more having to run from the Charcoal Pit through the wall of water! :-)

--
Jack Allison
PP-ASEL-IA Student

you will always long to return"
- Leonardo Da Vinci

Oshkosh 2005 pictures up Home Built 4 August 11th 05 08:24 AM
Oshkosh Pictures Marv Home Built 2 August 2nd 05 01:14 AM
Oshkosh Pictures are up.. Dennis Home Built 0 August 8th 04 03:52 PM
Oshkosh Pictures are up.. Dennis Instrument Flight Rules 0 August 8th 04 03:52 PM
Oshkosh Pictures are up.. Dennis Owning 0 August 8th 04 03:52 PM