Flarm Prices?

Old January 11th 15, 11:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
N2

Default Flarm Prices?

Dooes anyone know if Flarm prices in the US will be going down with
the US$going up vs the Euro?

Al

Old January 12th 15, 03:13 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Richard[_9_]

On Sunday, January 11, 2015 at 3:00:04 PM UTC-8, N2 wrote:
Dooes anyone know if Flarm prices in the US will be going down with
the US$going up vs the Euro?

Al

Flarm is sold to the US Dealers in USD $ not EURO so I doubt it.

Richard
www.craggyaero.com
Old January 12th 15, 03:37 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Prices going DOWN!!!
What planet do you live on.
Go to France to buy one.
Price will be lower based upon the exchange rate but you will then pay 20% VAT.
Yes, you can claim a refund on the VAT but in
five years of making claims, I have never received a check
from the French.
I raise a glass for the dream of lower prices.
Chateau Le Pape 2010.
Old January 12th 15, 03:38 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

That's easily fixed. Sell it in Euro.

Even if they don't do that, the wages of the people who Flarm sales
support (70% of costs?) are going down in USD so the prices should drop.

I guess Richard would be happy to pay last year's price for his gas too.

GC

Old January 12th 15, 04:07 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Richard[_9_]

On Sunday, January 11, 2015 at 6:38:22 PM UTC-8, wrote:
That's easily fixed. Sell it in Euro.

Even if they don't do that, the wages of the people who Flarm sales
support (70% of costs?) are going down in USD so the prices should drop.

I guess Richard would be happy to pay last year's price for his gas too.

GC

On 12/01/2015 13:13, Richard wrote:
On Sunday, January 11, 2015 at 3:00:04 PM UTC-8, N2 wrote:
Dooes anyone know if Flarm prices in the US will be going down with
the US$going up vs the Euro?

Al

Flarm is sold to the US Dealers in USD $ not EURO so I doubt it.

Richard
www.craggyaero.com

I did not say I was happy about the pricing in US $. I would rather pay in EUROS but Flarm does not do that. Their pricing to US dealers is set in US $.

Richard
Old January 12th 15, 05:51 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

The good news is right now is the perfect time to get in on the Nephi group buy for PowerFlarms. Just let Craggy Aero know you want to join in on the fun and you'll save some $$.

Bruno - B4
Old January 12th 15, 06:35 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Richard, I live in a country where almost everything is imported. The
habits of importers and agents are no news to us. Saying Flarm price
their product in USD is simply a red herring. They can change their
prices and policies whenever they like. If the USD had moved in the
opposite direction you would already have the new price list... "Sorry
to announce... economic pressures..." etc.

When in a hole, Richard, stop digging. Admit their behaviour is
miserly, apologise, and move on.

GC

Old January 12th 15, 02:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Richard[_9_]

wrote:
[...]

I also live in a country where most of the excellent soaring products are imported.

So why are you not talking to Flarm? The company in control of the pricing.

Actually I am in a thermal and climbing.

Richard

Old January 13th 15, 07:03 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

"When in a hole, Richard, stop digging. Admit their behaviour is
miserly, apologise, and move on."

Did he steal your lunch money in grade school example.net? Cos a long-held juvenile blood feud is the only reason I can think of for needlessly attacking a reseller for stating the pricing practices of a manufacturer that he has no control over. Especially when said practices weren't condoned, justified or otherwise. They were simply stated.

Play the ball, not the man: example.net
Old January 12th 15, 06:07 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dave Nadler

On Sunday, January 11, 2015 at 6:00:04 PM UTC-5, N2 wrote:
Dooes anyone know if Flarm prices in the US will be going down with
the US$going up vs the Euro?

Al

Where is FLARM located?
What is the country's currency?
In what currency are the prices of parts and production paid?
Discuss amongst yourselves...

AV gas prices Stuart & Kathryn Fields Home Built 54 June 5th 08 03:58 PM
AV gas prices [email protected] Home Built 0 May 7th 08 05:41 AM
AV gas prices BradGuth Home Built 0 May 6th 08 02:29 AM
Gas Prices Newps Piloting 0 October 27th 05 09:17 PM
Gas Prices -- Help at last? Jay Honeck Piloting 327 October 16th 05 01:09 PM