WTB: Ventus 15m Winglets

Old April 15th 16, 11:25 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Ross[_3_]

Default WTB: Ventus 15m Winglets

I have a Ventus C and only have the 17.6m tips, and was wondering if there is anyone out there that has the original 15m winglets that they would be willing to part with.
From what I understand, Ventus A B and C had the same.

Old April 15th 16, 12:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Kevin Christner

There aren't any original winglets per se, but M&H will sell you some fancy Maughmer designed ones. I have flown with those and Masak style and there is a big difference.
Old April 15th 16, 02:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
HGXC[_4_]

On Friday, April 15, 2016 at 7:21:26 AM UTC-4, Kevin Christner wrote:
There aren't any original winglets per se, but M&H will sell you some fancy Maughmer designed ones. I have flown with those and Masak style and there is a big difference.

I have the Masak style. What's is the differences that you see?

Dennis
Old April 17th 16, 01:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Handling was significantly improved with the newer style.
Old April 18th 16, 02:33 AM
Ventus_a Ventus_a is offline
Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Christner View Post
There aren't any original winglets per se, but M&H will sell you some fancy Maughmer designed ones. I have flown with those and Masak style and there is a big difference.
Schempp-Hirth produced 'mini' winglets and also supplied Masak winglets as a factory option so I guess you could say the mini winglets were the originals. TN 349-10 refers.

I have the mini winglets and have flown with them on my Ventus a as well as some Masak winglets that I use most of the time.

:-) Colin
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	046.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	92.1 KB
ID:	82014

Ventus 2C Winglets Ventus2NZ Soaring 5 March 16th 12 10:35 PM
New Ventus 2 and Discus Winglets - M&H Alpha Eight Soaring 11 February 21st 12 04:41 PM
Ventus C Masak Winglets hans Soaring 6 August 25th 06 08:11 AM
Ventus Winglets Shawn Knickerbocker Soaring 2 August 24th 06 11:24 PM
Wanted: Ventus C Winglets E.Mertins Soaring 1 October 14th 03 01:15 PM