Eye Ball Vent

Old September 1st 04, 05:01 PM
B. Iten

Default Eye Ball Vent

Anyone know where to get a good eye ball vent for the instrument
panel? I found a couple at aircraft spruce but they are the type that
you need to manually flip the butterfly plate inside instead of
rotating the outer knob to open and close the vent. Knauff said that I
should contact M&H but I did not receive a response from them for a
factory style Schemp ball. Anyone have any ideas?
Thanks
Brian
Old September 1st 04, 10:42 PM
Eric Greenwell

B. Iten wrote:
Anyone know where to get a good eye ball vent for the instrument
panel? I found a couple at aircraft spruce but they are the type that
you need to manually flip the butterfly plate inside instead of
rotating the outer knob to open and close the vent. Knauff said that I
should contact M&H but I did not receive a response from them for a
factory style Schemp ball. Anyone have any ideas?
Thanks
Brian

Years ago, I got a couple from an aircraft wrecking yard that came from
a Cessna 150. Schleicher now uses a nifty style that is much quieter
than the "throttle plate" style, and also directs the air better. Maybe
a call to Eastern Sailplane would get you one.

Eric Greenwell
Washington State
USA

Old September 2nd 04, 06:40 AM
Garret

I got the link from www.lancair.com

http://www.aerocraftparts.com/ItemForm.aspx?item=2133
or
http://www.aerocraftparts.com/ItemFo...x?item=2230-01
Old September 4th 04, 09:38 AM
William Jones

Chief aircraft had them. I bought a couple 4 years ago. Very good but
expensive.

"B. Iten" wrote in message
om...
Anyone know where to get a good eye ball vent for the instrument
panel? I found a couple at aircraft spruce but they are the type that
you need to manually flip the butterfly plate inside instead of
rotating the outer knob to open and close the vent. Knauff said that I
should contact M&H but I did not receive a response from them for a
factory style Schemp ball. Anyone have any ideas?
Thanks
Brian

Ball vario overhaul? Anthony Turiano Soaring 6 June 17th 09 08:06 PM
FS: Ball 501 electronic audio variometer JC Soaring 0 August 17th 04 06:01 PM
Ball Vario JJ Sinclair Soaring 2 January 31st 04 05:45 PM
Finding vent hole in wing skin Martin Eiler Soaring 7 November 21st 03 01:44 PM
WWII sperry ball turret sight FOR SALE George Shirley Military Aviation 0 August 23rd 03 10:56 PM