BD-5 or similar?

Old May 7th 05, 03:03 AM
Mark Zivley

Default BD-5 or similar?

I've been to the bd-micro web site. I'm not really that serious about starting
on that sort of a project, but it sure looks like fun. Just wondering if there
are any other kits out there which are mostly aluminum and perhaps a bit more
forgiving in the air.

Thanks,

Mark

Old May 9th 05, 10:01 PM
Juan Jimenez

If you make the same mistakes that the people who had accidents in BD-5's
made, no kit will be any more or less forgiving. Any analysis of BD-5
accidents shows that the cause of accidents was the same type of issues that
cause accidents in other kit-built aircraft.

Juan

.. .

Old May 9th 05, 10:31 PM

Not aluminum, but if you like the BD-5............
http://www.lhaviation.com/

Old May 10th 05, 12:58 AM
Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired

Juan Jimenez wrote:

If you make the same mistakes that the people who had accidents in BD-5's
made, no kit will be any more or less forgiving. Any analysis of BD-5
accidents shows that the cause of accidents was the same type of issues that
cause accidents in other kit-built aircraft.

Juan

"Mark Zivley" wrote in message
.. .

I've been to the bd-micro web site. I'm not really that serious about
starting on that sort of a project, but it sure looks like fun. Just
wondering if there are any other kits out there which are mostly aluminum
and perhaps a bit more forgiving in the air.

Thanks,

Mark

This is from yawn who still can't find anyone to test fly his BD-5 since
he's afraid to do it himself.

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired
Old May 10th 05, 01:29 PM
Ron Natalie

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired wrote:

This is from yawn who still can't find anyone to test fly his BD-5 since
he's afraid to do it himself.

Perhaps this is why the BD-5 enjoys it's safety record. Between the
number that never really get completed and the ones the owners won't
fly, they don't crash that much :-)
Old May 11th 05, 02:05 PM
Juan Jimenez

How is that project coming? I heard about it and checked it out some time
ago but I haven't followed their progress...

oups.com...

Old May 11th 05, 02:06 PM
Juan Jimenez

"Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired" wrote in message
This is from yawn who still can't find anyone to test fly his BD-5 since
he's afraid to do it himself.

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired

Still better than dannyboy's penchant to hang out in newsgroups that talk
about getting naked and discussing the correct spelling of masturbation.

Get over it, dannyboy.