U.S. Soaring on the Small Screen (sort of...)

Old June 21st 08, 05:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob Whelan[_2_]

Default U.S. Soaring on the Small Screen (sort of...)

From the Dep't. of Weird Soaring Coincidences...

Wed. June, 18, 2008.
- My June issue of "Soaring" arrives in the mail...
- Alex Trebek "jeopardizes" soaring on TV.

There I wuz, performing a quick rabbit-ears channel surf before sitting
down to supper. Alex Trebek is introducing the day's 3 "Jeopardy"
contestants. A contestant's name rings a dim bell in my bulb. Could it
be...?

Mom was right. Curiosity killed the cat, but satisfaction brought it back.

The name was Lucy Anne McKosky...unique enough to hang around in a spare
memory cell. Could it be the WSPA lady? Channel surfing paused...

Returning from the first commercial break, Mr. Trebek looks at his notes
and says, "Our next contestant just achieved a significant
goal...obtaining her pilot's license. Is that correct Lucy?"

Stepping out of the room a moment to snag my wife, I return to Mr.
Trebek's question/statement, "I imagine a big worry for me might be
wondering where I'm going to land. Is that a worry for you?"

"Well...the good pilots always leave themselves an option."

COWABUNGA!!! This was The Real Lucy Anne McKosky, current contact for
the Women Soaring Pilots Association (WSPA). Also, acting U.S. National
TV Representative for soaring!

So - two soaring coincidences...or something else?

Heading for the airport...
Bob - pro-forma responsibilities complete - W.