Science Channel - How It's Made - Gliders

Old November 8th 08, 09:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Ken Kochanski (KK)

Default Science Channel - How It's Made - Gliders

My local Comcast Guide (Delaware, USA) says the episode next Friday
(11/14) at 9:00 PM will include a segment on glider manufacturing.

KK
Old November 8th 08, 10:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
ContestID67

This is episode 11 which is broadcasted on;

Nov 14, 9:00PM EST
Nov 15, 12AM EST
Nov 15, 4:00PM EST
Nov 16, 4:00 am EST
Nov 16, 5:00 pm EST
Nov 17, 4:00 pm EST

Hopefully this isn't about "front porch gliders" or "hang gliders".
The show is produced out of Canada and I don't know of any glider
(sailplane) manufacturers there.
Old November 8th 08, 11:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
KevinFinke

This time it's actually about sailplanes. On the commercial previews
for this seasons episodes, they show a quick clip of a sailplane gear
retracting. I can't remember if it's the DG factory or Schempp Hirth
that they visited, but I remember reading on one of the MFG's sites
that a production company from Montreal came and filmed some footage
to be used this fall. I'm looking forwards to seeing it.

-Kevin
Old November 8th 08, 11:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Ken Kochanski (KK)

On Nov 8, 4:41*pm, ContestID67 wrote:
This is episode 11 which is broadcasted on;

Nov 14, 9:00PM EST
Nov 15, 12AM EST
Nov 15, 4:00PM EST
Nov 16, 4:00 am EST
Nov 16, 5:00 pm EST
Nov 17, 4:00 pm EST

Hopefully this isn't about "front porch gliders" or "hang gliders".
The show is produced out of Canada and I don't know of any glider
(sailplane) manufacturers there.

They did show a two second clip of a bunch of fuselages being
built ... so I think it is about sailplanes ... :-))
Old November 9th 08, 12:11 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Brad[_2_]

On Nov 8, 2:02*pm, KevinFinke wrote:
This time it's actually about sailplanes. On the commercial previews
for this seasons episodes, they show a quick clip of a sailplane gear
retracting. I can't remember if it's the DG factory or Schempp Hirth
that they visited, but I remember reading on one of the MFG's sites
that a production company from Montreal came and filmed some footage
to be used this fall. I'm looking forwards to seeing it.

-Kevin

Hey Kevin,

give me a heads up when it airs in our neck of the woods.

thx,
Brad

PS...........I'll vouch for ya anytime!
Old November 9th 08, 03:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Discovery Channel in Canada has a show called "How It's Made".

They did a 5-6 minute presentation on making Diamond aircraft. Quite
interesting.
Old November 14th 08, 09:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
KevinFinke

The Science Channel will be airing this episode tonight at 6pm PST. I
planing on using the DVR to catch it. I'll post a review here after
the show.
Old November 14th 08, 10:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob Kuykendall

On Nov 14, 12:55*pm, KevinFinke wrote:
The Science Channel will be airing this episode tonight at 6pm PST. I
planing on using the DVR to catch it. I'll post a review here after
the show.

I'll ask my dad to record it for me. I want to see the part where they
make the ondulations.

Thanks, Bob K.
Old November 14th 08, 10:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Brad[_2_]

On Nov 14, 12:55*pm, KevinFinke wrote:
The Science Channel will be airing this episode tonight at 6pm PST. I
planing on using the DVR to catch it. I'll post a review here after
the show.

Kevin,

I'll find it on sattelite and DVR it too.

Hey....................we're laying up some wing skins next month, you
should come down for a few days and give us a hand!

Going to the banquet tomorow night?

Brad
Old November 14th 08, 10:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jim Logajan

KevinFinke wrote:
The Science Channel will be airing this episode tonight at 6pm PST. I
planing on using the DVR to catch it. I'll post a review here after
the show.

Just FYI, there are a couple other previous episodes that are related to
aircraft construction that have been posted to Youtube, such as these:

How it's made: Airplanes [Composite airplane]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LhN_T5tGK8

How It's Made: [Aluminum aircraft wings, among other topics]

[ Topic begins 3:50 into this one: ]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQv1TAz5JE0
[ Topic ends at 1:50 into this one:]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHcP1QbX1kI

2, People know that Swiss made watches are best, while the Asia madeare worst but cheapest, but Some of Asia made Oyster Perpetual Air King - AllStainless Steel are also close to a real thing that is in fact almostimpossible to tell the difference. [email protected] Piloting 0 April 26th 08 07:49 PM
Science Qs Greg Farr Aviation Photos 4 April 3rd 08 08:16 AM
Science et vie 01 Patrick R7 Aviation Photos 17 October 19th 07 09:57 AM
X-Prize is currently live on Discovery Science Channel Roger Halstead Home Built 50 October 10th 04 11:49 AM
Gliders on TV History Channel Burt Compton Soaring 4 April 28th 04 05:42 PM