Alright, who in here flew in Nam?

Old January 13th 06, 12:55 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default Alright, who in here flew in Nam?

Just curious, I got into flying because as a boy in Laos, I saw CIA
planes and also US military helicopters and war planes flying overhead.
Would love to here tales of Flying in Vietnam.

The Monk
"There is pleasure when a sore is scratched,
But to be without sores is more pleasurable still.
Just so, there are pleasures in worldly desires,
But to be without desires is more pleasurable still."

Old January 13th 06, 01:59 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

In article .com,
"Flyingmonk" wrote:

Just curious, I got into flying because as a boy in Laos, I saw CIA
planes and also US military helicopters and war planes flying overhead.
Would love to here tales of Flying in Vietnam.

I'd be interested in hearing some of your recollections about what
happened on the ground.
Old January 13th 06, 02:33 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Would love to here tales of Flying in Vietnam.

Several good books have been written by fliers about their experiences
in Nam.

vince norris
Old January 13th 06, 03:23 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

I flew Hueys (UH-1B, D, and H models) as an Army Warrent Officer in the
southern half of South Vietnam in 1970-71, primarily in III Corps.

Robert Mason, also an Army WO & helicopter pilot in RVN, wrote "Chickenhawk"
about his experiences. Although I have have never met Bob, much of what he
wrote reflected my own experience. Highly recommended.

Leonard Ellis
once known for a time as "Greyhound 28"

Old January 13th 06, 03:30 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

On 12 Jan 2006 16:55:15 -0800, "Flyingmonk"
wrote in .com::

Would love to here tales of Flying in Vietnam.

You'll get a lot of response to this subject in the
rec.aviation.military newsgroup.

Old January 13th 06, 05:58 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Robert Mason, also an Army WO & helicopter pilot in RVN, wrote "Chickenhawk"
about his experiences. Although I have have never met Bob, much of what he
wrote reflected my own experience. Highly recommended.

Also don't miss: Chickenhawk: Back In The World

oups.com...

Old January 13th 06, 10:00 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Flyingmonk,

check out

http://www.avweb.com/news/columns/182178-1.html
http://www.avweb.com/news/columns/186964-1.html

and his book

http://www.aeromedix.com/?_siteid=ae...b97eda7c1c299f
aa90b9000820d&action=sku&sku=bkfullt

--
Thomas Borchert (EDDH)

Old January 13th 06, 02:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Leonard Ellis wrote:
I flew Hueys (UH-1B, D, and H models) as an Army Warrent Officer in the
southern half of South Vietnam in 1970-71, primarily in III Corps.

Robert Mason, also an Army WO & helicopter pilot in RVN, wrote "Chickenhawk"
about his experiences. Although I have have never met Bob, much of what he
wrote reflected my own experience. Highly recommended.

Leonard Ellis
once known for a time as "Greyhound 28"

"vincent p. norris" wrote in message

Would love to here tales of Flying in Vietnam.

Several good books have been written by fliers about their experiences
in Nam.

vince norris

Chickenhawk was one of my favorite reads.
Old January 13th 06, 06:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Flyingmonk wrote:
Just curious, I got into flying because as a boy in Laos, I saw CIA
planes and also US military helicopters and war planes flying
overhead. Would love to here tales of Flying in Vietnam.

The Monk
"There is pleasure when a sore is scratched,
But to be without sores is more pleasurable still.
Just so, there are pleasures in worldly desires,
But to be without desires is more pleasurable still."

I flew "the hot one" in Vietnam. The C-7A Caribou. Not "hot" because it
went fast, but "hot" because it had no air conditioning. You call, we
haul. USAF in 1970-71.

--

Darrell R. Schmidt
B-58 Hustler History: http://members.cox.net/dschmidt1/

Old January 14th 06, 02:34 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

"Otis Winslow" wrote:

Chickenhawk was one of my favorite reads.

Mine, too. Great book.

--
Dan
C172RG at BFM