Microair interference with Colibri?

Old April 25th 11, 05:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Gary Boggs

Default Microair interference with Colibri?

My Colibri is interfering with my Microair. What do I need to do to
fix that?

Boggs
Old April 25th 11, 05:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Darryl Ramm

On Apr 25, 9:04*am, GARY BOGGS wrote:
My Colibri is interfering with my Microair. *What do I need to do to
fix that?

Boggs

What exactly are the symptoms? What is the sound? Intermittent? What
makes it better or worse?

Interference will either couple through the antenna or power supply
cabling.

Power cabling is the most likely - you want to try ferrite chokes
(preferably with the power wires wrapped though the choke several
times) on the power leads to both devices placed close to each device.
If antenna interference you can try checking connectors, make sure
they look good and are connected firmly, try moving antennas away from
cabling , try swapping the colibri/radio with somebody else and see if
the problem goes away.

Darryl
Old April 25th 11, 05:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Remde

Hi Gary,

There is a good chance that putting a ferrite tube on the power/data cable -
near the Colibri - will solve the problem. If you can't get one at Radio
Shack, I can sell you one. There a "clamp-on" versions that work fine.

All Goddard cables I sell have ferrite tubes to avoid noise issues.

Best Regards,

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.

"GARY BOGGS" wrote in message
My Colibri is interfering with my Microair. What do I need to do to
fix that?

Boggs

Mic for Microair 760 Edwin Funk Soaring 5 June 1st 09 03:47 AM
Microair 720 f/s [email protected] Soaring 0 October 26th 06 03:39 AM
Microair 760 Ian K Soaring 2 August 29th 06 12:59 PM
Microair 760 Ian K Soaring 2 January 21st 06 10:39 PM
Parts for sale Microair radio and Microair transponder User Home Built 2 December 14th 05 11:23 PM