Registered BLIP-MAP users, fill out survey

Old February 26th 04, 05:29 PM
Stewart Kissel

Default Registered BLIP-MAP users, fill out survey

I received it and filled it out, some changes which
will no doubt get discussed here in the works. Give
yourself a few minutes to fill it out, it is an indepth
survey.

And for what it's worth, I would like to see SSA sponsor
this product.

Old February 26th 04, 06:56 PM
Tony Verhulst

And for what it's worth, I would like to see SSA sponsor
this product.

That road has already been travelled:

From: JJ Sinclair )
Subject: Blipmap?
Newsgroups: rec.aviation.soaring
Date: 2003-01-13 10:28:40 PST

Dr. Jack said, "Dealing with the SSA in the hopes of getting them to
host and
support his blipmap project was so frustrating that he just gave up"

Old February 26th 04, 07:16 PM
DrJack

Stewart is referring to this year's annual BLIPMAP survey, notice of
which I have just sent to registered BLIPMAP users. Moshe Braner did
find a problem which caused rendering difficulties on some browsers
(thanks, Moshe!), and that has now been corrected For any BLIPMAP users
whose email address was incorrect (I am getting a rash of
"undeliverable" messages), the survey form is at
http://www.drjack.info/BLIP/INFO/SUR...urvey2003.html

Also, the link provided in my email to last year's survey lacked the
necessary double slashes (so many details to get right!) - the full link is
http://www.drjack.info/BLIP/INFO/SUR...1.results.html

Jack

--
Dr. John W. (Jack) Glendening Meteorologist

Old February 27th 04, 12:14 AM
Mark James Boyd

Dr. Jack said, "Dealing with the SSA in the hopes of getting them to
host and
support his blipmap project was so frustrating that he just gave up"

I personally think this is for the best. There are a lot more markets
for his products than just glider pilots. No need to associate
with just one group...

by the way...

Please contribute to BLIPMAPs and DrJack's work. This guy is a real
hero and deserves our gratitude. If you've been using his products
and like his site, show your support. Any amount you can contribute
is a reflection of gratitude for what he's done for this very
important area...

www.drjack.info/BLIPMAP/contributors.html

has information for how to contribute.

HELP SUPPORT DrJack's WORK! A little gratitude goes a long way...

Old February 27th 04, 12:19 AM
Mark James Boyd

DrJack wrote:
Stewart is referring to this year's annual BLIPMAP survey, notice of
which I have just sent to registered BLIPMAP users. Moshe Braner did
find a problem which caused rendering difficulties on some browsers
(thanks, Moshe!), and that has now been corrected For any BLIPMAP users
--
Dr. John W. (Jack) Glendening Meteorologist

When I read this, I had to leave the keyboard and get on my knees and bow
a few times in the direction of Salinas.

CHANT We are not worthy, we are not worthy!

Seriously, thank you thank you thank you. All of our time is
valuable and we REALLY appreciate the amazing DrJack forecasts that
ease our choices of when to call in sick at work