Let's move on

Old August 19th 08, 11:50 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_24_]

Default Let's move on

Ricky wrote in
:

On Aug 19, 4:38*pm, Bertie the Bunyip wrote:
Ricky wrote
innews:34b68327-8bce-40b2-b3ca-85d2

:

On Aug 14, 4:59*am, "Tim" wrote:
"Viperdoc" wrote

For the real pilots and students, I suggest joining Pilots of
America,
moderated group. It is what this NG used to be, before it was
ruined by Anthony and his likes.

It wasn't so much ruined by Mx as much as those who cannot take a
pass on endlessly arguing with him over some ridiculous detail, or
have made it their mission to expose him as a non-pilot, all with
the seemingly honora
ble
goal of protecting the helpless student who might read something
here and then die as a result.

What a crock. *Anyone with half a brain knows how to treat
information posted on a newsgroup, or anywhere else online for
that matter. *They d
on't
need help from a few crusaders.

After reading this, I totally agree, and I have been one of the
worst at engaging Anthony lately. What a waste of time I have
participated in!
I will not engage Anthony or Maxwell any longer. I do feel badly
for them, though, as they demonstrate very deeply troubled &
disturbed lives. I really do enjoy the aviation here and that's why
I lurk, post & respond, or at least it should be.

Anyone who leaves rec.aviation.piloting because of a few idiots is
participating in the crock you mentioned above. The idiots here
will not have that kind of power over me, and shouldn't over anyone
else. Yes, It's a shame that we have to wade through the mire of
MX, Maxwell & others, but that's what focus, willpower, and your
killfile are for.

I just purchased Agent so as soon as I figure out how to configure
this maddening newsreader I will have a killfile, too, as well as a
real newsreader.

You bought agent? It's for free all over the place!
Do yourself a favor and get X-news. It's like agent, but without the
problems.

Bertie- Hide quoted text -

Do you mean that AGENT (specifically) is "free all over the place" or
do you mean free newsreaders?

I meant Free Agent, actually. Sorry it was just beyond me that someone
would pay for one!

I did recently look at many free and not-free newsreaders (X-News
among them) and looked at the interfaces (if examples were available),
read a little about them (including mostly user & former user
comments), and decided to go with what I had for many years which was
Free Agent. Well, I have Agent because Free Agent is no more but It's
basically the same interface with more features than Free Agent. I
really liked Agent and am used to it and they seemed to get the most
praise amongst what I read before plopping down my $20-something. X-
News did receive lots of good comments, too.

I'd be interested in what you say are Agent's problems since they give
a 30 day money-back test drive (which I'm on), understanding that I
rarely go far beyond reading, posting and replying to 3 Usenet groups
under 3 I.D.s

I've only used free agent myself, so when I mentioned problems, and they
were negligable IMO I meant those that fre agent had.
X-news is the best I've used and it was also free... Hard to imagine
something better for me.

Bertie

Old August 19th 08, 11:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
The Bunyip Slayer

"Bertie the Bunyip" wrote in message

I meant Free Agent, actually. Sorry it was just beyond me that someone
would pay for one!

Well, not everyone is a tight assed beggar like you and Anthony.

I've only used free agent myself, so when I mentioned problems, and they
were negligable IMO I meant those that fre agent had.
X-news is the best I've used and it was also free... Hard to imagine
something better for me.

Bertie

But you always lie, so how do we know?

Old August 20th 08, 12:08 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.usenet.kooks,alt.alien.vampire.flonk.flonk.flonk
Bertie the Bunyip[_25_]

"The Bunyip Slayer" luv2^fly99@cox.^net wrote in news:taIqk.75$Rs1.29
@newsfe08.iad:

"Bertie the Bunyip" wrote in message

I meant Free Agent, actually. Sorry it was just beyond me that

someone
would pay for one!

Well, not everyone is a tight assed beggar like you and Anthony.

OK, interesting to see where your head is at, I suppose.

I've only used free agent myself, so when I mentioned problems, and

they
were negligable IMO I meant those that fre agent had.
X-news is the best I've used and it was also free... Hard to imagine
something better for me.

Bertie

But you always lie, so how do we know?

I am lying.

Now I'm gonna watch your head explode.

Bertie
Old August 20th 08, 12:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
More_Flaps

Default Ercoupe for training

On Aug 20, 2:15*am, Mxsmanic wrote:
More_Flaps writes:
I'd say yes but it's really bad idea for getting additional type
ratings efficiently. Can you imagine trying to land a tail dragger
without any experience of using a rudder?

But taildraggers need a lot of specific training already, don't they?

Why already? Yes they have specific properties that lead to an
endorsment.

Cheers
Old August 20th 08, 06:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Martin Hotze[_2_]

Ricky schrieb:
I just purchased Agent so as soon as I figure out how to configure
this maddening newsreader I will have a killfile, too, as well as a
real newsreader. I've had Free Agent in the past but alas, It is no
more. Now I can't get AT&T to figure out their newsserver's name and
address & I have tried the ones on AT&T's website to no avail. I keep
getting failure notices from Agent when I try to download Usenet
groups & messages. I'll figure out (again) how to get Agent running
here in the next day or two, might even post a question or two if I
need help. I can't wait to get off of Google for good!

you can also try out Mozilla Thunderbird www.mozilla.com; free, too. But
the filtering is limited to "from" only. Maybe I'll try agent, too.

If you need access to a newsreader and can't come to a solution with
AT&T you may contact me (my firstname @ my lastname dot com) and I'll
give you free access on my newsserver.

Ricky

#m
Old August 20th 08, 07:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Martin Hotze[_2_]

Ricky schrieb:
I'd be interested in what you say are Agent's problems since they give
a 30 day money-back test drive (which I'm on), understanding that I
rarely go far beyond reading, posting and replying to 3 Usenet groups
under 3 I.D.s

what I read he
http://www.forteinc.com/agent/faq.ph...2571C800049E02
this gives really good possibilities: if a posting is x-posted to
*.kook* or *.flonk* then killfile the posting. This and a couple more
rules will do the job, IMHO.

#m
Old August 21st 08, 05:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.usenet.kooks,alt.alien.vampire.flonk.flonk.flonk,alt.fan.karl-malden.nose
Bertie the Bunyip[_25_]

Martin Hotze wrote in news:g8hm7u$cge$1
@kirk.hotze.com:

Ricky schrieb:
I'd be interested in what you say are Agent's problems since they give
a 30 day money-back test drive (which I'm on), understanding that I
rarely go far beyond reading, posting and replying to 3 Usenet groups
under 3 I.D.s

what I read he
http://www.forteinc.com/agent/faq.ph...2571C800049E02
this gives really good possibilities: if a posting is x-posted to
*.kook* or *.flonk* then killfile the posting. This and a couple more
rules will do the job, IMHO.

Yeh, good luck with that.

Bertie

Old August 21st 08, 06:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Fillard Millmore

Ricky schrieb:
I'd be interested in what you say are Agent's problems since they give
a 30 day money-back test drive (which I'm on), understanding that I
rarely go far beyond reading, posting and replying to 3 Usenet groups
under 3 I.D.s

what I read he
http://www.forteinc.com/agent/faq.ph...2571C800049E02
this gives really good possibilities: if a posting is x-posted to
*.kook* or *.flonk* then killfile the posting. This and a couple more
rules will do the job, IMHO.

Yeh, good luck with that.

Bertie

It just thrills you to mock someone's attempts to avoid your bull****,
doesn't it?

Old August 21st 08, 06:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.usenet.kooks,alt.alien.vampire.flonk.flonk.flonk,alt.fan.karl-malden.nose
Bertie the Bunyip[_25_]

"Fillard Millmore" luv2^fly99@cox.^net wrote in news:ighrk.5974
:

Ricky schrieb:
I'd be interested in what you say are Agent's problems since they

give
a 30 day money-back test drive (which I'm on), understanding that I
rarely go far beyond reading, posting and replying to 3 Usenet

groups
under 3 I.D.s

what I read he

http://www.forteinc.com/agent/faq.ph...2571C800049E02
this gives really good possibilities: if a posting is x-posted to
*.kook* or *.flonk* then killfile the posting. This and a couple

more
rules will do the job, IMHO.

Yeh, good luck with that.

Bertie