Thielert (Diesel Engines)

Old February 15th 08, 11:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_25_]

Default Thielert (Diesel Engines)

"Capt. Geoffrey Thorpe" The Sea Hawk At Wow Way D0t C0m wrote in
news:YeWdnUR3MfqViCvanZ2dnUVZ_oytnZ2d@wideopenwest .com:

"Bertie the Bunyip" wrote in message
"Capt. Geoffrey Thorpe" The Sea Hawk At Wow Way D0t C0m wrote in
news:nrSdnQ8KTvrqRCnanZ2dnUVZ_gudnZ2d@wideopenwest .com:

In particular regard to this installation? I have no problem with
computer governed engines, once tey aren't reliant on th ecomputer to
run which isn't the case with any other engine I know of.

Can you actually name any common rail diesel (in any application) that
will run without the computer?

Nope. I know the older common rail ones didn't have an electronic
computer, but the thielert does.
In any case, I said computer governed engines, and I didn't specify
iesels because I was mndful of the airplane I fly at the moment, whihc
does have an ECu, with manual reversion.

Or, are you in MX mode?

What, stuck in front of a computer playing flight sim knowing that a
lack of electrons won't kill me?

What do you think?

Bertie
Old February 15th 08, 11:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting
Capt. Geoffrey Thorpe

"Bertie the Bunyip" wrote in message
"Capt. Geoffrey Thorpe" The Sea Hawk At Wow Way D0t C0m wrote in
news:YeWdnUR3MfqViCvanZ2dnUVZ_oytnZ2d@wideopenwest .com:

"Bertie the Bunyip" wrote in message

Or, are you in MX mode?

What, stuck in front of a computer playing flight sim knowing that a
lack of electrons won't kill me?

No - ranting and raving about something about which you have no clue.

Like this thread.

fujktard.

--
Geoff
The Sea Hawk at Wow Way d0t Com

Old February 15th 08, 11:23 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_25_]

"Capt. Geoffrey Thorpe" The Sea Hawk At Wow Way D0t C0m wrote in
news:rPqdneICDN7xgSvanZ2dnUVZ_i2dnZ2d@wideopenwest .com:

"Bertie the Bunyip" wrote in message
"Capt. Geoffrey Thorpe" The Sea Hawk At Wow Way D0t C0m wrote in
news:YeWdnUR3MfqViCvanZ2dnUVZ_oytnZ2d@wideopenwest .com:

"Bertie the Bunyip" wrote in message

Or, are you in MX mode?

What, stuck in front of a computer playing flight sim knowing that a
lack of electrons won't kill me?

No - ranting and raving about something about which you have no clue.

So, you're saying that the enge will keep running if the electricity stops?

Like this thread.

fujktard.

Oh dear, My opinion of you has increased form non existent to having
noticed you're alive.

Bertie

Old February 16th 08, 04:01 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Honeck[_2_]

People actually pay for Aviation Consumer?

The most valuable 39 bucks (or whatever the subscription is) I spend per
year in aviation.

I agree. I subscribed several years ago when my company was thinking of
buying a Cherokee 6 and I wanted access to the back issue database online.
I've read just about every word in each issue since.

Me, too. It's the ONLY magazine out there that actually tells it like it
is, without being influenced by advertisers.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old February 16th 08, 04:40 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting
WingFlaps

On Feb 16, 12:01*pm, Bertie the Bunyip wrote:
"Capt. Geoffrey Thorpe" The Sea Hawk At Wow Way D0t C0m wrote f.

Can you actually name any common rail diesel (in any application) that
will run without the computer?

Nope. I know the older common rail ones didn't have an electronic
computer, but the thielert does.

In the first common rail engines, wasn't it a hydraulic (rather than
mechanical cam) system that controlled the injector valve?

Cheers
Old February 16th 08, 04:57 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_25_]

"Jay Honeck" wrote in

People actually pay for Aviation Consumer?

The most valuable 39 bucks (or whatever the subscription is) I spend
per year in aviation.

I agree. I subscribed several years ago when my company was thinking
of buying a Cherokee 6 and I wanted access to the back issue database
online. I've read just about every word in each issue since.

Me, too. It's the ONLY magazine out there that actually tells it like
it is, without being influenced by advertisers.

Wouldn't take one for your cheesy hotel eh?

Bertie
Old February 16th 08, 04:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting
Capt. Geoffrey Thorpe

"Bertie the Bunyip" wrote in message
"Capt. Geoffrey Thorpe" The Sea Hawk At Wow Way D0t C0m wrote in
news:rPqdneICDN7xgSvanZ2dnUVZ_i2dnZ2d@wideopenwest .com:

Oh dear, My opinion of you has increased form non existent to having
noticed you're alive.

What? I'm supposed to be all happy about that or something?

You aren't just clueless, you're mxclueless...

Old February 16th 08, 05:17 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_25_]

"Capt. Geoffrey Thorpe" The Sea Hawk At Wow Way D0t C0m wrote in
news:X9ydncJRLrhkjCranZ2dnUVZ_gednZ2d@wideopenwest .com:

"Bertie the Bunyip" wrote in message
"Capt. Geoffrey Thorpe" The Sea Hawk At Wow Way D0t C0m wrote in
news:rPqdneICDN7xgSvanZ2dnUVZ_i2dnZ2d@wideopenwest .com:

Oh dear, My opinion of you has increased form non existent to having
noticed you're alive.

What? I'm supposed to be all happy about that or something?

No, you're not supposed to be anything.

You aren't just clueless, you're mxclueless...

You really know how to get to my insecurities, don't you?

Bertie

Old February 16th 08, 07:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Big John[_2_]

On Sat, 16 Feb 2008 04:01:03 GMT, "Jay Honeck"
wrote:

People actually pay for Aviation Consumer?

The most valuable 39 bucks (or whatever the subscription is) I spend per
year in aviation.

I agree. I subscribed several years ago when my company was thinking of
buying a Cherokee 6 and I wanted access to the back issue database online.
I've read just about every word in each issue since.

Me, too. It's the ONLY magazine out there that actually tells it like it
is, without being influenced by advertisers.

Jay

You sweep with a broad brush. Do you read "Consumer Reports" ?

Big John