Region 9 Parowan USA # 711 reporting

Old June 30th 07, 02:14 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Region 9 Parowan USA # 711 reporting

Our ramp is filling up fast as our first practice day is
tomorrow, June 30th. Pilots meeting is at 9:30 am and we grid at 12
noon. We are expecting nearly a full grid for the practice day.
Weather the last week has been warm and blue. It should stay that way
until maybe Tuesday when we think we may see some clouds.
Still, we are getting 17,000 plus in the blue with good climbs
and over the next few days the OLC will start showing these flights,
as we have some of the top club's from the USA here at this contest.
Black Forest, ABQ soaring club, ASA and the Boulder Club are here and
are well represented by some of our top pilots in the country.
Our ramp includes V2's, LS's, DG's, ASW's, ASGs, D2's, Duo
Discus's and even the new Duo Discus X. Most of you know JJ, yes, he
got in and is smiles from ear to ear. The contest will be flown dry,
but we are still expecting high speed's. Look for scores and reports
on the SSA website starting Saturday nite. We have dinners planned for
every night, so stop by and say hi and get a bite.
We do have the USAF cadets here. Trust me, our tax dollars are
being well spent. A show they are putting on with 2 Duo's and 2 D2's.
Their trailers are something else to see, and maybe we will get some
pictures posted for you on the SSA website.
The new folks on the airport are the friendly dog's. The kind
that dig, and dig and dig, leaving mounds of dirt and taking great
pride by standing tall over their mounds and keeping a lookout for the
unfriendly's. Our white gliders are something they do look at, and on
takeoff roll, they even pop their heads up along side the runway
wondering what is going on. They are protected, so we must watch out
for them, even at the times they become suicidal, running accross the
runway in front of the towplanes.
So far, no score for either side, and we hope it ends that way

Thermal tight, Soar high, Fly safe # 711 reporting.