Oudie Supplemental Power Pack

Old September 26th 17, 01:31 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Roy B.

Default Oudie Supplemental Power Pack

Friends:
I am looking for a supplemental power pack that is easily rechargeable, reasonably compact, and will run my Oudie for 5+ hours on a single charge. Any suggestions?
ROY
Old September 26th 17, 01:45 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Craig Funston

On Monday, September 25, 2017 at 5:31:19 PM UTC-7, Roy B. wrote:
Friends:
I am looking for a supplemental power pack that is easily rechargeable, reasonably compact, and will run my Oudie for 5+ hours on a single charge. Any suggestions?
ROY

https://www.amazon.com/Jackery-Premi...FNV9V9NYGRYKKQ

Less than $30 from Amazon. I've had mine for a year and have been very satisfied with it.

Craig
Old September 26th 17, 02:59 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Monday, September 25, 2017 at 6:31:19 PM UTC-6, Roy B. wrote:
Friends:
I am looking for a supplemental power pack that is easily rechargeable, reasonably compact, and will run my Oudie for 5+ hours on a single charge. Any suggestions?
ROY

Anything over a 3,000 mAh battery will run it for the longest of flights. The one Craig suggested is perfect. Will last multiple flights probably.
Old September 26th 17, 08:23 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Michael Tinkler

There are many of these on eBay, but with the addition of solar charging.

Do a search on solar power bankðŸ‘

I fixed mine on top of the instrument panel using Velcro.

Excellent for your 5 hour flight.

Old September 26th 17, 08:43 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jim White[_3_]

At 07:24 26 September 2017, Michael Tinkler wrote:
There are many of these on eBay, but with the addition of solar charging.

Do a search on solar power bankðŸ‘

I fixed mine on top of the instrument panel using Velcro.

Excellent for your 5 hour flight.

Add a ferrite to the power cable if it causes radio interference. Most do.

Old September 26th 17, 09:44 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
AS

On Tuesday, September 26, 2017 at 2:31:19 AM UTC+2, Roy B. wrote:
Friends:
I am looking for a supplemental power pack that is easily rechargeable, reasonably compact, and will run my Oudie for 5+ hours on a single charge. Any suggestions?
ROY

I am using a very generic one I bought online called 'UNIFUN'. It has 10,400mAh plus a built in LED flashlight, in case you have to land in the dark! ;-)
The size is just about the same than the Oudie and I connect the two with a short power cable and Velcro. Never ran out of juice on even the longest flights.
Uli
'AS'
Old September 26th 17, 04:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

If it is not a constant load then some of the "external power packs" may shut themselves off when they see no load. I don't know about the Oudie, but I've had such problems with other devices. Those battery packs that you have to start with a button push (the vast majority) are the ones to avoid. There are a few models that either have an on/off slide switch, or sense the load and automatically turn themselves on.