Nimbus 2B flaps/trim

Old September 13th 17, 08:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Aaron Thomson

Default Nimbus 2B flaps/trim

Thanks Mike,

Sounds like I am on the same page as you. I'm anxious to find the problem and get it operating properly.

Aaron Thomson
Old September 14th 17, 04:43 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Mike C

On Wednesday, September 13, 2017 at 1:44:18 PM UTC-6, Aaron Thomson wrote:
Thanks Mike,

Sounds like I am on the same page as you. I'm anxious to find the problem and get it operating properly.

Aaron Thomson

Aaron,

Removing the seat pan is a drag but I do it every year for the condition inspection.

You may find there is minor corrosion or dried up grease that is easy to clean up and lightly lube again. Hope that is all it is. The Nimbus is a neat older sailplane.

Mike
Old September 24th 17, 03:00 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Aaron Thomson

After a thorough inspection of the flaps/trim issue, I found that the trim screw was able to bottom out on the flap actuation rod. A simple thin brass washer provided just the right amount separation without losing the trim detents and their ability to hold the trim in place while moving the flap handle through all available settings. Thanks all for the suggestions and wonderful support! STAY SAFE!

Aaron Thomson
N71TT Nimbus 2B
Old September 25th 17, 03:25 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Mike C

On Saturday, September 23, 2017 at 8:00:18 PM UTC-6, Aaron Thomson wrote:
After a thorough inspection of the flaps/trim issue, I found that the trim screw was able to bottom out on the flap actuation rod. A simple thin brass washer provided just the right amount separation without losing the trim detents and their ability to hold the trim in place while moving the flap handle through all available settings. Thanks all for the suggestions and wonderful support! STAY SAFE!

Aaron Thomson
N71TT Nimbus 2B

Have fun Aaron!!

flaps again Kobra Piloting 107 January 5th 08 05:31 PM
flaps again Kobra Owning 84 January 5th 08 05:32 AM
flaps Kobra[_4_] Piloting 84 July 16th 07 06:16 PM
Nimbus 2 flaps settings John Orton Soaring 0 May 30th 06 05:40 AM
FLAPS skysailor Soaring 36 September 7th 05 05:28 AM