trailer painting

Old September 23rd 17, 05:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
David Salmon[_3_]

Default trailer painting

At 22:29 20 September 2017, mike davis wrote:
It is time to repaint my aluminum cobra trailer. I'm not planning to

spray
it myself but does anyone have any thoughts on using an auto body shop to
do the work? Could I do some of the prep myself? Any idea about the cost?

Thanks

Earlier this year we decided to re-paint our Cobra trailer which was
showing it's age. On advice from a professional painter we used Zinsser
Exterior Gloss. It cost us about £60 for paint, and about 3 days preparing
and painting with a roller. Looks good to me, and since then another
syndicate was impressed enough to do the same with their Cobra. A bit more
cost for the stickers of course.
Dave

Old September 23rd 17, 09:18 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Craig Funston

On Saturday, September 23, 2017 at 10:00:07 AM UTC-7, David Salmon wrote:
At 22:29 20 September 2017, mike davis wrote:
It is time to repaint my aluminum cobra trailer. I'm not planning to

spray
it myself but does anyone have any thoughts on using an auto body shop to
do the work? Could I do some of the prep myself? Any idea about the cost?

Thanks

Earlier this year we decided to re-paint our Cobra trailer which was
showing it's age. On advice from a professional painter we used Zinsser
Exterior Gloss. It cost us about £60 for paint, and about 3 days preparing
and painting with a roller. Looks good to me, and since then another
syndicate was impressed enough to do the same with their Cobra. A bit more
cost for the stickers of course.
Dave

David,

That's an option I've been considering as well. Looks like a good product. I have yet to find the US equivalent.

Thanks,
Craig
Old September 23rd 17, 09:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dave Bieniasz

At 16:51 23 September 2017, David Salmon wrote:
At 22:29 20 September 2017, mike davis wrote:
It is time to repaint my aluminum cobra trailer. I'm not planning t

spray
it myself but does anyone have any thoughts on using an auto body shop

do the work? Could I do some of the prep myself? Any idea about the cost

Thanks

Earlier this year we decided to re-paint our Cobra trailer which wa
showing it's age. On advice from a professional painter we used Zinsse
Exterior Gloss. It cost us about £60 for paint, and about 3 days

preparin
and painting with a roller. Looks good to me, and since then anothe
syndicate was impressed enough to do the same with their Cobra. A bit mor
cost for the stickers of course.
Dave

I painted my trailer earlier this year with Lechler 2 pack paint that is
designed to be applied with a brush or roller. The results were very good
and the paint was reasonably priced, around £70 if I remember correctly.
As with any paint job though, the key factor is the preparation.

2013 Cobra trailer price list needed for TA trailer sale [email protected] Soaring 0 June 22nd 13 02:42 PM
Painting fiberglass Cobra trailer [email protected] Soaring 12 January 19th 13 03:23 AM
Komet trailer painting jim Soaring 2 March 9th 10 05:12 PM
Painting aluminum glider trailer John Murphy Soaring 17 April 25th 06 10:44 PM
Painting a Fiberglass Trailer Experiences ContestID67 Soaring 4 April 28th 05 07:40 PM