CLUB CLASS RUELS

Old June 2nd 14, 11:39 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
glen

Default CLUB CLASS RUELS

For the CC Nationals being held in TX, What RULES will they use for Club Class?
The only difference between Club and Sports Class is "my understanding" CC can do Assigned Tasks.

U.S. Club Class - Open to sailplanes with 0.898 and greater handicap

Modern Sports Class - Open to all sailplanes but maximum handicap applied is 0.940 per Rule 6.12

Thanks
Glen
Old June 2nd 14, 12:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
John Godfrey (QT)[_2_]

On Monday, June 2, 2014 6:39:48 AM UTC-4, glen wrote:
For the CC Nationals being held in TX, What RULES will they use for Club Class?

The only difference between Club and Sports Class is "my understanding" CC can do Assigned Tasks.

U.S. Club Class - Open to sailplanes with 0.898 and greater handicap

Modern Sports Class - Open to all sailplanes but maximum handicap applied is 0.940 per Rule 6.12

Thanks

Glen

Hi Glen,

The applicable rules are the US National Sports Class Rules.

6.12.3 â€* US Club Class
6.12.3.1 â€* This class is open to sailplanes whose handicap per Rule 11.6.1 is 0.898 or greater.

10.3.2.1 â€* Assigned Task (AT) - Speed over a course of one or more designated turnpoints, with a finish at the contest site. This task is available for US Club Class (Rule 6.12.3) and Modern Class (Rule 6.12.4), but is not used in Sport Class (Rule 6.12.2).

John Godfrey (QT)
RC Chair
Old June 2nd 14, 01:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
glen

On Monday, June 2, 2014 6:39:48 AM UTC-4, glen wrote:
For the CC Nationals being held in TX, What RULES will they use for Club Class?

The only difference between Club and Sports Class is "my understanding" CC can do Assigned Tasks.

U.S. Club Class - Open to sailplanes with 0.898 and greater handicap

Modern Sports Class - Open to all sailplanes but maximum handicap applied is 0.940 per Rule 6.12

Thanks

Glen

Thanks John
I was looking at the Regional rules, National rule for a National contest, I guess if a club is doing a regional contest they would use National rules for the Club Class.
Thanks
Old June 2nd 14, 10:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
John Godfrey (QT)[_2_]

On Monday, June 2, 2014 8:01:31 AM UTC-4, glen wrote:
On Monday, June 2, 2014 6:39:48 AM UTC-4, glen wrote:

For the CC Nationals being held in TX, What RULES will they use for Club Class?

The only difference between Club and Sports Class is "my understanding" CC can do Assigned Tasks.

U.S. Club Class - Open to sailplanes with 0.898 and greater handicap

Modern Sports Class - Open to all sailplanes but maximum handicap applied is 0.940 per Rule 6.12

Thanks

Glen

Thanks John

I was looking at the Regional rules, National rule for a National contest, I guess if a club is doing a regional contest they would use National rules for the Club Class.

Thanks

Hi Glen,

Not quite. You need to conform to Regional rules for a regional contest. For now, if a regional contest wishes to define a class equivalent to the National Club class, the answer is to request a waiver from the Contest Committee Chair to do so. There are many more differences between National and Regional rules than just classes and task types.

Another way is to use the FAI handicapped class under regional rules (but the handicaps are not adjusted for weight etc.). See FAI Regional Rule 5.7.2..

The number and variation of classes that are possible is unfortunately quite large and not uniform between Regional and National rules. We (RC) need to fix this.

John Godfrey (QT)
RC Chair