Father/son day at the airport

Old August 27th 08, 03:12 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
RST Engineering

Default Father/son day at the airport

"Mike" wrote in message
"RST Engineering" wrote in message
m...

That one went right over the top of my head.

Why am I not surprised?

Damn if I know how you can relate Jay's unborn children to a UPS driver.

Jim

Old August 27th 08, 05:20 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Honeck[_2_]

Damn if I know how you can relate Jay's unborn children to a UPS driver.

Don't bother, Jim. This "Mike" character is a particularly unpleasant one,
even on his best day.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old August 27th 08, 05:25 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Honeck[_2_]

I asked the greybeards in the EAA chapter I belong to for their advice
on when to take my first born up. The advice was to wait until they
could understand verbal instructions.

One thing to keep in mind is that there should always be a "Parent in
Command" on board when flying with little ones. That way, when the
inevitable hissy-fit is thrown, there is a clear division of labor as to
whom is doing what, and the pilot is free to fly the plane.

Both of my kids have permanent scars on their knees from where Mary would
reach back and give them a good pinch when they started fighting in the back
seat while I was on short final...

;-)

Now, when we take their friends flying, our kids are the ones hushing their
friends whenever ATC talks.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old August 27th 08, 07:44 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.usenet.kooks
Bertie the Bunyip[_25_]

"Jay Honeck" wrote in

Damn if I know how you can relate Jay's unborn children to a UPS
driver.

Don't bother, Jim. This "Mike" character is a particularly unpleasant
one, even on his best day.

Yeah, he's got your number, IOW spamboi.

Bertie
Old August 27th 08, 07:45 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.usenet.kooks
Bertie the Bunyip[_25_]

"Jay Honeck" wrote in

I asked the greybeards in the EAA chapter I belong to for their advice
on when to take my first born up. The advice was to wait until they
could understand verbal instructions.

One thing to keep in mind is that there should always be a "Parent in
Command" on board when flying with little ones. That way, when the
inevitable hissy-fit is thrown, there is a clear division of labor as
to whom is doing what, and the pilot is free to fly the plane.

Both of my kids have permanent scars on their knees from where Mary
would reach back and give them a good pinch when they started fighting
in the back seat while I was on short final...

;-)

Now, when we take their friends flying, our kids are the ones hushing
their friends whenever ATC talks.

Good grief. It's like the addams family.

Bertie
Old August 27th 08, 01:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
john smith

In article CG4tk.315721$yE1.312721@attbi_s21,
"Jay Honeck" wrote:

One thing to keep in mind is that there should always be a "Parent in
Command" on board when flying with little ones. That way, when the
inevitable hissy-fit is thrown, there is a clear division of labor as to
whom is doing what, and the pilot is free to fly the plane.

Except that in a Champ or other tandem aircraft, the PIC is also the
"pic". The reason to place the child in the front seat is so the "pic"
can apply the appropriate hand upside the head if necessary while still
maintaining situational awareness and flying the airplane.
Old August 27th 08, 02:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Honeck[_2_]

Except that in a Champ or other tandem aircraft, the PIC is also the
"pic". The reason to place the child in the front seat is so the "pic"
can apply the appropriate hand upside the head if necessary while still
maintaining situational awareness and flying the airplane.

ROTFL!

I suppose that kids flying in 2-place planes should be older/more mature,
simply because you don't want/aren't able to deal with an in-flight melt
down. I took a kid and his mom flying once, and -- as we smoothly lifted
off the ground -- the kid started whimpering and crying into the intercom.
I was very thankful that his mom was with him to soothe his fears, cuz it
would have been a very difficult flight otherwise.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old August 27th 08, 05:34 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_24_]

"Jay Honeck" wrote in

Except that in a Champ or other tandem aircraft, the PIC is also the
"pic". The reason to place the child in the front seat is so the
"pic" can apply the appropriate hand upside the head if necessary
while still maintaining situational awareness and flying the
airplane.

ROTFL!

I suppose that kids flying in 2-place planes should be older/more
mature, simply because you don't want/aren't able to deal with an
in-flight melt down.

Some people's children don't melt down.

Bertie