Salida, CO flying this summer?

Old March 18th 19, 12:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
joesimmers[_2_]

Default Salida, CO flying this summer?

Any glider flying camps, groups etc. in Salida this summer?

Thanks for any info, Joe
Old March 18th 19, 02:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
ProfJ

On Monday, 18 March 2019 05:46:57 UTC-6, joesimmers wrote:
Any glider flying camps, groups etc. in Salida this summer?

Thanks for any info, Joe

Hi Joe,

Want to make up a late summer camp? I'll join.

Regards
Jon
Old March 18th 19, 08:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
joesimmers[_2_]

Something sometime in July sounds good, is there anyone
with a towplane stationed at Salida? I thought there used to be anyways.
Old March 19th 19, 01:56 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Nick Kennedy[_3_]

Joe
The guys name is John Matthison
360 904 3135
Recent contact suggested he was going to be available this coming summer.
Give me a shout when your going to be there, I'd like to fly with you again.
Best Regards
Old March 19th 19, 03:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
joesimmers[_2_]

Thanks a bunch for that info Nick!!

I will let you know it was great fun flying
with you in Nephi few years ago!
Old March 19th 19, 08:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Joe and Nick, If its after the 4th of July I would be interested as well. Really want to get alittle further north into western Co than is

Cliff ASW27 (CH)
Old March 19th 19, 11:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Nick Kennedy[_3_]

Joe Every time the Doors "Riders on the Storm" plays I think about you me Ramy and Eric flying under/along that huge thunderstorm southbound past Richfield.
We were young and wild back then eh??
At least we are still wild!

Old March 20th 19, 01:23 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

A few years back a friend and I launched out of Salida and were unable
to return due to weather.Â* The clouds were down on the tops of the peaks
and we eventually landed out at Alamosa.Â* As we were pushing our gliders
to the ramp, a funnel cloud descended from the clouds a few miles away.Â*
Fortunately it did not reach the ground.

--
Dan, 5J
Old March 20th 19, 12:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
joesimmers[_2_]

On Tuesday, March 19, 2019 at 6:56:31 PM UTC-4, Nick Kennedy wrote:
Joe Every time the Doors "Riders on the Storm" plays I think about you me Ramy and Eric flying under/along that huge thunderstorm southbound past Richfield.
We were young and wild back then eh??
At least we are still wild!

I remember that vividly Nick! Would have been great to have
a video of the Lightning show as we were skirting around it!!!
Old March 21st 19, 06:18 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Ramy[_2_]

This was an interesting day...It was only 5 years ago I think. We are still young
There is a chance I may be interested in Salida as well for few days in the beginning of July.

Ramy