Multi time building Q

Old December 10th 07, 12:33 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
nobody[_2_]

Default Multi time building Q

"Bertie the Bunyip" wrote in message
.. .

Not such a good deal unless what they are looking for is a profession
which has people who are willing to pay to work.

Or if your insurance company won't cover you in your own airplane until you
have 50 hours. I really dislike insurance companies, so have no problems
when it comes to finding loopholes.

This is the link for the cheap multi-time

http://www.multiengine.net/

$60/hour for 50 hours.

Old December 10th 07, 01:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jim Macklin

If your knowledge test is near expiration, you can take the ATP ride in a
single, and then take the MEL ride anytime, just to save taking the "written
test" again.

Old December 10th 07, 02:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
F. Baum

On Dec 10, 5:33 am, "nobody" wrote:
"Bertie the Bunyip" wrote in 6.130...

Not such a good deal unless what they are looking for is a profession
which has people who are willing to pay to work.

Or if your insurance company won't cover you in your own airplane until you
have 50 hours. I really dislike insurance companies, so have no problems
when it comes to finding loopholes.

This is the link for the cheap multi-time

http://www.multiengine.net/

$60/hour for 50 hours.

This place looks like a scam to me. I have seen these before and I can
tell you that the FAA does not consider this logable PIC time.
Old December 10th 07, 03:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mike Isaksen

"nobody" wrote ...
Or if your insurance company won't cover you in your own airplane
until you have 50 hours. I really dislike insurance companies, so have
no problems when it comes to finding loopholes.

That's funny. Insurance companies don't "dislike" you, they dislike losing
money. They compare you to others with similar "paper documented"
experience. And finding that those "comparables" have a poor risk
performance the insurance companies choose not to give you a $100,000 risk
coverage for the next 12 months for $1000. They may give you that for
$10,000, or they may say "Hey, go get some experience, ding up a few things,
and come back and see us then". Don't take it personally, they have a bigger
pot of money on the line. That's the only reason you go to them in the first
place (for access to their pot of money).

Old December 10th 07, 04:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_19_]

"nobody" wrote in

"Bertie the Bunyip" wrote in message
.. .

Not such a good deal unless what they are looking for is a profession
which has people who are willing to pay to work.

Or if your insurance company won't cover you in your own airplane
until you have 50 hours. I really dislike insurance companies, so have
no problems when it comes to finding loopholes.

This is the link for the cheap multi-time

http://www.multiengine.net/

$60/hour for 50 hours.

Well, that one's not so bad. I was thinking more of the scumbags that make

FO's pay to work for them.

A pox on them!

Bertie

Old December 10th 07, 04:17 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
nobody[_2_]

"Mike Isaksen" wrote in message

"nobody" wrote ...
Or if your insurance company won't cover you in your own airplane
until you have 50 hours. I really dislike insurance companies, so have
no problems when it comes to finding loopholes.

That's funny. Insurance companies don't "dislike" you, they dislike losing
money. They compare you to others with similar "paper documented"
experience.

But they do like re-writing the rules.

#1) I own two automobiles. I cannot possibly drive two automobiles at the
same time, yet the insurance company charges me double the premium because
"Somebody *could* drive the other car"

#2) I've owned said second vehicle since before my son was born. Because he
is now licensed to drive, he *MUST* be listed as the primary driver of the
vehicle he's not allowed to touch.

#3) Because the insurance was doubled, I took said vehicle off the road and
bought a $250 car for my son. Now, second son gets license. Adding him as an
occational driver of $250 car will not result in premium increase, because
primary driver is also inexperienced. They say he cannot be listed as an
occational driver of the only vehicle he's allowed to drive, and *MUST* be
listed as an occational driver of my car (75% increase in my premium).

If the insurance company refused to insure me for the appropriate risk, I
will do anything *LEGAL* to reduce my premium.

BTW, if you google http://www.multiengine.net/ , you'll see they have both
supporters and detractors.

Since I only fly one airplane, with one engine, I have no need for their
program. I was just answering the question asked.

Old December 10th 07, 04:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
nobody[_2_]

"Bertie the Bunyip" wrote in message

Well, that one's not so bad. I was thinking more of the scumbags that make

FO's pay to work for them.

A pox on them!

Doesn't sound vastly different to me. But, Hey, This is America. Capitalism
at it's best.

Old December 10th 07, 05:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_19_]

"nobody" wrote in news:OLd7j.1065$W27.439@trndny09:

"Bertie the Bunyip" wrote in message

Well, that one's not so bad. I was thinking more of the scumbags that
make

FO's pay to work for them.

A pox on them!

Doesn't sound vastly different to me. But, Hey, This is America.
Capitalism at it's best.

At it's worst, more like.

The rest depends on whether you're doing anything useful in the airplane as
to whether it's actually worth doing. If you're the autopilot for four
hours it's next to useless from a training point of view, but it might help
with the logbook. But, as another poster has pointed out, it might not even
be legally loggable if you're not legal to do the work in the airplane.
I can see his point. However, if you're checked out in the airplane and
have a commercial, you should be able to log it as PIC time. It's not 135,
itt's just aerial work.

Been a while since I had to think about all that stuff, though. Thanks God
I won't have to again..

Bertie
Old December 10th 07, 08:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Robert M. Gary

On Dec 9, 9:43 am, Jackal24 wrote:
Anyone have any ideas on where to go to get around 50 hours of multi-time
cheap? I looked at AriBen, but the reviews lately are not too great.

There did used to be an outfit that paired up ME pilots in order to
gain time. The two pilots split the cost and the flying pilot would
always be under the hood (so they could both log it). I can't remember
the name though.

-Robert
Old December 10th 07, 08:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Robert M. Gary

On Dec 9, 9:32 pm, Jackal24 wrote:
"Jim Macklin" wrote :

Go to Spartan or Flight Safety and get the ATP and CFI ME, they will
hire you when you get the ticket, which will take about 25 hours
total, then you get paid to instruct in the school for 50-100 hours a
month. There are lots of schools that hire their "good" graduates and
absorb the low time MEI. Check in your area.

I would rather get done in just a couple of weeks. I have around $10k to
spend on this. (a donation)

You can also take the ATP ride in a single and then do the MEL as an
add-on ATP.

What would be the point of that?

Because he can't take the ATP ME with only 50 hours in ME time.

-Robert