Picking up an A36 tomorow

Old March 10th 07, 02:07 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Doug Vetter

Default Picking up an A36 tomorow

Aluckyguess wrote:
I am a little excited. Flying into Boise to pick it up and then back to RAL.
Hope the weather will be good.

Congrats. The A36 would definitely be my first choice for a single (and
the 58 Baron for a twin). Nothing like those big wide doors in the
back...makes it SO easy to load people and bags.

Only issue I have with these airplanes is their tendency to dutch roll
in turbulence. I would consider a yaw damper an essential upgrade. My
avionics tech owns a nicely equipped '84 and with the Y/D on after gear
retraction on takeoff it feels as stable as the 172.

Please do report back to this group (or rec.aviation.owning) on your
experiences with the airplane. I'd personally love to hear how the
pre-buy goes (went?) and what your first annual is like, as I hope to be
in your shoes in a few years.

Safe flying,

-Doug

--
--------------------
Doug Vetter, ATP/CFI

http://www.dvatp.com
--------------------
Old March 10th 07, 04:43 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Capt. Geoffrey Thorpe

"Montblack" wrote in message

Cool! What year?

Montblack

It is now 2007. It will still be 2007 tomorrow.

--
Geoff
The Sea Hawk at Wow Way d0t Com

Old March 10th 07, 04:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Capt. Geoffrey Thorpe

..
"Matt Whiting" wrote in message
Montblack wrote:
("Aluckyguess" wrote)
I am a little excited. Flying into Boise to pick it up and then back to
RAL.
Hope the weather will be good.

"Picking up an A36 tomorrow"

Cool! What year?

Tomorrow would still be in 2007. :-)

Matt

Darn. I should have read all the responses BEFORE replying...

--
Geoff
The Sea Hawk at Wow Way d0t Com
When immigration is outlawed, only outlaws will immigrate

Old March 10th 07, 05:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jim Macklin

Major change to the panel, throttle quadrant added. IO 550
engine replaced the IO 520.

oups.com...

Old March 10th 07, 05:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jim Macklin

Serial number what? E120 range?

"Aluckyguess" wrote in message

| "Jim Macklin" wrote
in message
| What year, pre-84 or post 84?
|

| "Paul kgyy" wrote in message

ups.com...
| | On Mar 9, 6:29 pm, "Aluckyguess" wrote:
| | I am a little excited. Flying into Boise to pick it
up
| and then back to RAL.
| | Hope the weather will be good.
| |
| | Now you're making me come all over envious... Good
luck,
| marvelous a/
| | c.
| |

Old March 11th 07, 12:20 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
john smith

On Mar 9, 10:34 pm, "Jim Macklin"
wrote:

What year, pre-84 or post 84?

Kingfish wrote:

Why is '84 a significant year?

Chuckle, chuckle This is one of those questions that separates the
kids from the greybeards.

Old March 11th 07, 04:00 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Aluckyguess

Flew back from Boise today. Took a Skywest flight landed at 11:20 did all
the paperwork and was airborne before noon. Put direct IFP in the GPS and
flew too 11.5 put on the stec 60-2. Looked over at the speed and we were
doing 185 knots.
Made the trip in just under 3 hours. Got gas took care of a little business
jumped back in and landed at RAL. Took back off and did 4 landings parked it
and waited for the family. Loaded the plane up with 2 small girls my 19 year
old son is girlfriend my CFI and me. Six people and took off. It flew so
nice my cfi wanted me to see what it felt like fully loaded. Went for a 10
minute flight and made 1 of my best landings. Zero buyers remorse I love the
plane.
I will let you know how the annual goes next month.

Old March 13th 07, 01:11 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Kingfish

On Mar 10, 7:20 pm, john smith wrote:
Kingfish wrote:

Why is '84 a significant year?

Chuckle, chuckle This is one of those questions that separates the
kids from the greybeards.

Or, just someone that's just more familiar with Barons? Beech swapped
the throttles and prop controls on the Baron that year to the standard
T-P-M configuration. I don't have any Bonanza time so I don't know the
plane that well

Old March 13th 07, 02:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Peter R.

On 3/10/2007 11:00:40 PM, "Aluckyguess" wrote:

Zero buyers remorse I love the
plane.

From this '73 Bonanza owner I send out a big congratulations to you. Except
for the Dutch roll comment (with which I totally agree) the aircraft is a
stable IFR and excellent cross country airplane.

Have you become a member of American Bonanza Society yet? Highly recommended
resource. They are he

http://www.bonanza.org

Here's to many enjoyable adventures.

--
Peter
Old March 14th 07, 05:12 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Aluckyguess

"Peter R." wrote in message
On 3/10/2007 11:00:40 PM, "Aluckyguess" wrote:

Zero buyers remorse I love the
plane.

From this '73 Bonanza owner I send out a big congratulations to you.
Except
for the Dutch roll comment (with which I totally agree) the aircraft is a
stable IFR and excellent cross country airplane.

Have you become a member of American Bonanza Society yet? Highly
recommended
resource. They are he

No. I think I will join. I have been flying the plane everday now and I like
it even more. They are such a nice stable sweet flying plane.