Video of Cockpit Tour While Flying in Glider

Old July 9th 12, 08:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bruno[_2_]

Default Video of Cockpit Tour While Flying in Glider

This last weekend I ended up not doing any XC flying due to many
factors but it was still a beautiful day so decided to do a little bit
of filming in the cockpit to give a tour of glider instruments and
controls. Yes, I am sure many of you could have done much better but
it was a single off the cuff take and I haven't seen anyone do
something like this yet. Hopefully, it can be used to help your
friends and family who are interested in gliders get more interested.
That at least was the goal for making this.

Video background info - ASW-27B flown out of Cedar Valley, Utah just
25 miles south of Salt Lake City. Camera was an HF20 with fisheye lens
using a RAM mount suction cup system on the side canopy. Editing was
with Adobe Premiere Pro. Enjoy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2PpdMuiPM4I&hd=1

I was bored and did a quick video of 3 Loops in the 27. Don't judge
my acro - I know just enough not to bend anything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8YX32rRgRqY&hd=1

Fly safe and please film your soaring experiences. We all want to
share in them with you!!!
Bruno - B4
Old July 9th 12, 09:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
ASM

Bruno, I was trying to pay you a visit only to find out that you were travelling on the old continent...... Flying at the Sports Class Nationals in Parowan was pretty good ....especially when one flies with great pilot like Karl.... Jacek
Old July 10th 12, 05:27 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bruno[_2_]

On Jul 9, 2:01*pm, ASM wrote:
Bruno, I was trying to pay you a visit only to find out that you were travelling on the old continent...... Flying at the Sports Class Nationals in Parowan was pretty good ....especially when one flies with great pilot like Karl.... Jacek

Jacek,
I am so sorry I missed you! I have to say that Italy was an amazing
place to visit. Every experience I have had with Europe so far has
been fantastic. I am sure Parowan was great fun for you. I have
ridden with Karl twice and it really opened my eyes to both racing and
flying faster. If only the flying faster part would have stuck...

Bruno - B4
Old July 11th 12, 01:04 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
RAS56 RAS56 is offline
Member

Bruno,

Thanks for sharing the videos! As the new owner of a Drift HD170, I am trying to get a little smarter in the video editing department. The Drift shoots video in the .MOV format, which appears to only run on my PC in Quicktime (of which I only have the free version, not QT Pro).

Windows Media Player doesn't appear to want to have anything to do with it nor does Windows Movie Maker.

Does the Adobe program you use "talk" this format, is it easy to use and intuitive and is it expensive? Any good alternatives for video editing besides this?

Regards and TIA,

Rob
ZAP

ps-here's a short (3 minutes) clip I shot using the Drift while flying on John Murray's (LX) tail at CCSC's XC camp last month:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q22dmQIkjNY&feature=plcp
Old July 11th 12, 01:49 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
george152

RAS56 wrote:
Bruno,

Thanks for sharing the videos! As the new owner of a Drift HD170, I am trying to get a little smarter in the video editing department. The Drift shoots video in the .MOV format, which appears to only run on my PC in Quicktime (of which I only have the free version, not QT Pro).

Windows Media Player doesn't appear to want to have anything to do with it nor does Windows Movie Maker.

Does the Adobe program you use "talk" this format, is it easy to use and intuitive and is it expensive? Any good alternatives for video editing besides this?

Download and use VLC Media Player.
Old July 11th 12, 04:50 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Adobe Premiere Elements, which is the more basic version of Adobe Premiere Pro that Bruno used, will handle .mov files just fine. Once I got over the learning curve, I found that I can do all that I need/want to do with it. Not bad for $79.

Robert

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q22dm...p;feature=plcp

Old July 12th 12, 03:29 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bruno[_2_]

On Jul 10, 6:04*pm, RAS56 wrote:
[...]

Rob,
Great video. It was fun to watch you and LX under the clouds. I am
sorry but I am a novice when it comes to editing and knowing different
video file formats. I just kept trying different settings until one
seemed to work ok and I have stuck with it. Notice on my videos that
they have very simple transitions, no music overlay (which takes
effort and skills I don't have), and simple text every once in a while
when needed. Many will find this lack of editing boring but for me it
allows me to film, edit and release the videos with the least amount
of time spent. Unfortunately, the editing time still is way too much
(2-5 hours is often taken per video edit/rendering - yuck!) but I
enjoy it so much it is worth the drudgery of editing. It really is a
trade off of doing amazing video with fantastic editing and never
releasing anything or doing it simple like I currently do and actually
get videos released.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help. Fly safe and keep shooting!
Bruno - B4