Will Daley get his just reward for tearing out Meigs?

Old February 7th 04, 05:46 AM
R.Hubbell

Default Will Daley get his just reward for tearing out Meigs?

I guess we can hope that Daley gets his just reward:

http://www.suntimes.com/special_sect...s-hired06.html

How's he going to get out of this one?

R. Hubbell
Old February 7th 04, 12:41 PM
Abafon Goula

Don't hold your breath on this one. Would be nice if that friggin'
criminal was made to pay for some of his organized crime-like
dealings, but just like the mobster he is, he's too removed from these
things to be convicted. His underlings do these deals to please the
boss, who never officially makes a request in writing, but they are
all very learned in the methods of political survival. As usual the
**** will roll down hill and some patsy, although probably involved,
will be hung out to dry. It's the game of politics, my friends.

Old February 7th 04, 10:00 PM
R.Hubbell

On Sat, 07 Feb 2004 06:41:23 -0600 Abafon Goula wrote:

Don't hold your breath on this one. Would be nice if that friggin'
criminal was made to pay for some of his organized crime-like
dealings, but just like the mobster he is, he's too removed from these
things to be convicted. His underlings do these deals to please the
boss, who never officially makes a request in writing, but they are
all very learned in the methods of political survival. As usual the
**** will roll down hill and some patsy, although probably involved,
will be hung out to dry. It's the game of politics, my friends.

Maybe the Feds an go after him this time. Perhaps they can get a little
creative. Maybe he used those trucks to haul debris from Meigs and since
that concrete was paid for with federal money...Grasping at straws....

I'll bet there was some tax evasion going on. Daley is on the fed radar
so he may get more than he bargained for this time.

R. Hubbell

Old February 7th 04, 10:13 PM
Bob Noel

In article ,
"R.Hubbell" wrote:

Maybe the Feds an go after him this time. Perhaps they can get a little
creative. Maybe he used those trucks to haul debris from Meigs and since
that concrete was paid for with federal money...Grasping at straws....

I'll bet there was some tax evasion going on. Daley is on the fed radar
so he may get more than he bargained for this time.

EPA violations?

--
Bob Noel
Old February 7th 04, 10:21 PM
Tarver Engineering

"Bob Noel" wrote in message
In article ,
"R.Hubbell" wrote:

Maybe the Feds an go after him this time. Perhaps they can get a little
creative. Maybe he used those trucks to haul debris from Meigs and

since
that concrete was paid for with federal money...Grasping at straws....

I'll bet there was some tax evasion going on. Daley is on the fed radar
so he may get more than he bargained for this time.

EPA violations?

Any rope will do.

Old February 7th 04, 11:14 PM
Dave Stadt

wrote:

Don't hold your breath on this one. Would be nice if that friggin'
criminal was made to pay for some of his organized crime-like
dealings, but just like the mobster he is, he's too removed from these
things to be convicted. His underlings do these deals to please the
boss, who never officially makes a request in writing, but they are
all very learned in the methods of political survival. As usual the
**** will roll down hill and some patsy, although probably involved,
will be hung out to dry. It's the game of politics, my friends.

Maybe the Feds an go after him this time. Perhaps they can get a little
creative. Maybe he used those trucks to haul debris from Meigs and since
that concrete was paid for with federal money...Grasping at straws....

I'll bet there was some tax evasion going on. Daley is on the fed radar
so he may get more than he bargained for this time.

Nonsense. Daley has more power at the federal level than most federal level
politicians. He generates a massive number of democratic votes. Don't
forget, his father gave Kennedy the election. I have no idea how the city
paying to have trucks sitting doing nothing can be construed as tax evasion.
Daley won't be touched.

R. Hubbell

Old February 8th 04, 02:10 AM
Orval Fairbairn

wrote:

[...]

Ever hear of RICO (Racketeering In Corrupt Organizations)? This is a
catchall law used to get malefactors in al walks of crime.

Just after Daley butchered Meigs, I emailed him that I hope that he gets
RICOed and goes to Leavenworth. Maybe it will come trur! :)
Old February 8th 04, 03:40 AM
R.Hubbell

wrote:

[...]

Let's see, trucks were billed that were parked. Fuel that wasn't burned had
to fit into the equation somehow. The usual wear-and-tear on vehicles wouldn't
add up. And how about those dump fees? I don't think they left any stone
unturned in looking for ways to cheat. Someone somewhere had to cook the books.

Daley won't be touched.

I hope you're wrong

R. Hubbell

Old February 8th 04, 03:42 AM
R.Hubbell

On Sat, 07 Feb 2004 22:13:48 GMT Bob Noel wrote:

In article ,
"R.Hubbell" wrote:

Maybe the Feds an go after him this time. Perhaps they can get a little
creative. Maybe he used those trucks to haul debris from Meigs and since
that concrete was paid for with federal money...Grasping at straws....

I'll bet there was some tax evasion going on. Daley is on the fed radar
so he may get more than he bargained for this time.

EPA violations?

I hope so. Maybe some of that tarmac/runway was not
tested for polycarbons before they hauled it away. Not
to mention they probably disposed of it illegally anyway.

R. Hubbell

--
Bob Noel

Old February 8th 04, 04:22 PM
RobertR237

In article
, Orval
Fairbairn writes:

Ever hear of RICO (Racketeering In Corrupt Organizations)? This is a
catchall law used to get malefactors in al walks of crime.

Just after Daley butchered Meigs, I emailed him that I hope that he gets
RICOed and goes to Leavenworth. Maybe it will come trur! :)

Don't hold your breath, he will be washed clean by the people of Chicago who
have made it clear that he can do nothing that they will not be happy to
accept.

Bob Reed

"Ladies and Gentlemen, take my advice,
(M.A.S.H. Sidney Freedman)