Dropping off pax at MHT

Old December 22nd 04, 03:51 AM
Dan Truesdell

Default Dropping off pax at MHT

I need to drop off a passenger at MHT to catch a commercial flight. Has
anyone done this? I read the FAA blurb that GA aircraft are not allowed
on the apron. Do the local FBO's have courtesy cars?

Thanks.
--
Remove "2PLANES" to reply.

Old December 22nd 04, 04:03 AM
Garner Miller

In article , Dan Truesdell
wrote:

I need to drop off a passenger at MHT to catch a commercial flight. Has
anyone done this? I read the FAA blurb that GA aircraft are not allowed
on the apron. Do the local FBO's have courtesy cars?

The main FBO there is Wiggins Airways, and they're absolutely
fantastic. Their web site http://www.wiggins-air.com/intro.html
mentions courtesy cars, and you can give them a call and find out the
details: 603-629-9191. Fuel's a little on the expensive side, but
they treat you well no matter what you're flying, and that's worth
something in my book.

Enjoy MHT!

--
Garner R. Miller
ATP/CFII/MEI
Old December 22nd 04, 04:07 AM
Dan Truesdell

Don't need fuel. (Flying in from CNH.) Thanks for the info though. I
saw their link on the AOPA airport directory. They looked too big/fancy
to want to deal with a 40-year-old 172. Sounds like that is a bad
assessment. I'll give them a call. Thanks.

Old December 22nd 04, 04:33 AM
john smith

If you are going to ask them for transportation for your pax, the least
you could do is purchase some "courtesy fuel". That's one way to reward
them and help them stay around for the next time you need them.

Dan Truesdell wrote:
Don't need fuel. (Flying in from CNH.) Thanks for the info though. I
saw their link on the AOPA airport directory. They looked too big/fancy
to want to deal with a 40-year-old 172. Sounds like that is a bad
assessment. I'll give them a call. Thanks.

Old December 22nd 04, 12:10 PM
Dan Truesdell

I had planned on giving them something for the car/ride. I don't think
buying 3-4 gallons of fuel is worth anyone's time.

Dan Truesdell wrote:

Don't need fuel. (Flying in from CNH.) Thanks for the info though.
I saw their link on the AOPA airport directory. They looked too
big/fancy to want to deal with a 40-year-old 172. Sounds like that is
a bad assessment. I'll give them a call. Thanks.

Old December 22nd 04, 01:10 PM
William W. Plummer

Dan Truesdell wrote:

Don't need fuel. (Flying in from CNH.) Thanks for the info though.
I saw their link on the AOPA airport directory. They looked too
big/fancy to want to deal with a 40-year-old 172. Sounds like that
is a bad assessment. I'll give them a call. Thanks.

Garner Miller wrote:

In article , Dan Truesdell
wrote:

I need to drop off a passenger at MHT to catch a commercial
flight. Has anyone done this? I read the FAA blurb that GA
aircraft are not allowed on the apron. Do the local FBO's have
courtesy cars?

The main FBO there is Wiggins Airways, and they're absolutely
fantastic. Their web site http://www.wiggins-air.com/intro.html
mentions courtesy cars, and you can give them a call and find out the
details: 603-629-9191. Fuel's a little on the expensive side, but
they treat you well no matter what you're flying, and that's worth
something in my book.

Enjoy MHT!

Use a taxi cab?

William W. ("Bill") Plummer
7 Country Club Drive
Chelmsford, MA 01824
978-256-9570
Old December 22nd 04, 02:44 PM
john smith

I fly a Champ with a 13 gallon tank which burns 4 gph. I don't think
twice about asking for a top off, even if it is only a couple of gallons.