What have we learned from all this?

Old April 7th 20, 05:50 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
2G

Default What have we learned from all this?

On Monday, April 6, 2020 at 12:17:07 AM UTC-7, John Foster wrote:
On Monday, April 6, 2020 at 12:01:36 AM UTC-6, Marton KSz wrote:
Sitting in your armchair on a Sunday afternoon, not having anything useful to do can be as boring as hell. But please, still don't bring your political thoughts to rec.aviation.soaring.

Find a more appropriate forum, where your extremely valuable and interesting political views and thoughts are appropriately appreciated.

Thank you!

While I do have some pretty strong political opinions myself, I do agree that for soaring, it is likely to divide us, at a time where that is the last thing we need. The USA is so polarized right now politically, and some people have a hard time seeing beyond another person's politics. With Soaring in a decline, we should be doing everything we can to stand together and put politics aside for now. At least with regard to soaring.

I suggest not reading - and certainly NOT POSTING on - this thread. And, at the end of the day, not much riles me more than someone wanting to infringe on my freedom of speech.

Tom
Old April 6th 20, 04:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

“Sitting in your armchair on a Sunday afternoon, not having anything useful to do can be as boring as hell. But please, still don't bring your political thoughts to rec.aviation.soaring.

Find a more appropriate forum, where your extremely valuable and interesting political views and thoughts are appropriately appreciated. “

Mr M everything on ras doesnt have to be glide slope n vario. Many of us are broader minded and politics DOES affect soaring.

Simple solution for you, just dont check into this particular thread. How hard is that? Those of us interested in politics or philosophy or guns and how they relate to soaring can go on with our little discussions without all the snarky and demeaning comments of detractors. You guys can start your own threads and enjoy those discussions.

Simple, everybody wins.

Dan
Old April 6th 20, 04:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Simple solution for you, just dont check into this particular thread. How hard is that? Those of us interested in politics or philosophy or guns and how they relate to soaring can go on with our little discussions without all the snarky and demeaning comments of detractors. You guys can start your own threads and enjoy those discussions.

Of course, there is always the loony "If I were Mayor of Saskatoon" thread for comedy relief.
Old April 11th 20, 04:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Shaun Wheeler

Haven't seen this much hysteria since the 2016 election was over.
Old April 11th 20, 06:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob Youngblood

On Saturday, April 11, 2020 at 11:09:29 AM UTC-4, Shaun Wheeler wrote:
Haven't seen this much hysteria since the 2016 election was over.

Shaun, you must not be seeing any news, remember the Russian conspiracy that the whack's dreamed up. Bob
Old April 12th 20, 12:55 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Shaun Wheeler

On Saturday, April 11, 2020 at 12:02:02 PM UTC-5, Bob Youngblood wrote:
On Saturday, April 11, 2020 at 11:09:29 AM UTC-4, Shaun Wheeler wrote:
Haven't seen this much hysteria since the 2016 election was over.

Shaun, you must not be seeing any news, remember the Russian conspiracy that the whack's dreamed up. Bob

I already miss the days when 5G held the top spot.

The evening body counts though, that's a nice touch. Reminded me very much of 1968-1972. About the only thing that would make my flashback complete would be a CGI animation of Harry Reasoner and Walter Cronkite delivering it.

((sigh))

Oh well. I'll burn some incense, put on some "Country Joe and the Fish" and invite the neighbors kids to come burn a couple blunts while I fire up my old blacklight.
Old April 12th 20, 01:09 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Dont forget the hippy beads and the lava lamp
Old April 11th 20, 08:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob Youngblood

On Sunday, April 5, 2020 at 6:07:17 PM UTC-4, Bob Youngblood wrote:
Interesting situation that we are all faced with the last few weeks, things are more serious than we ever expected. I was having a great discussion last evening with my family member who is an Infectious Disease MD, the discussion was eye opening! This is a game changer, and China has much to blame for not informing the world about what was happening with this virus.
The doctors in China that alerted the gov about what was happening have disappeared, probably shot in some kind of firing line. Infection was spread globally during this time of silence from the Chinese.
The good to come out of this is that Trump understands how vulnerable us as Americans are due to our lack of manufacturing that has been shipped abroad. We as a country will be in a much better position after this pandemic declines. Medications will once again be made in America, our dependency will be less on the global work force and our country will be better equipped to deal with the next medical crisis that exist. I have for some time been following the work of Dr. Jacob Glanville, who is funded by the Gates foundation. It was interesting to listen to his understanding of this situation and how it will be defeated.
Flaming liberals are still blaming Trump for this species threatening virus, just tune into the twisted media and listen to what these so called educated idiots are saying, tell me that Jim Acosta is playing with a full deck. Does he really think that this country has a respirator for every person!
What goes??? Bob

It even gets better, DIFI wants to give Iran 5 Billion to fight COVID-19, why don't they get it from the Chinese, didn't they start this whole mess.
Old April 11th 20, 08:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Speaking of china I can’t wait till Trump sends them the bill for OUR expense involving this viral mess thats completely their fault.
Dan
Old April 11th 20, 09:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Saturday, April 11, 2020 at 3:51:29 PM UTC-4, wrote:
Speaking of china I can’t wait till Trump sends them the bill for OUR expense involving this viral mess thats completely their fault.
Dan

Right after he sends Mexico the bill for building
the wall.

Jim Beckman