Newbie

Old February 27th 04, 05:04 PM
John

Default Newbie

Just found this group a few days ago, it looks like it is interesting. I
started taking private pilot cert. lessons this weekend. I logged my first
two hours. The first half hour was windy and I was questioning why I wanted
to do this, but we went back out the second day for just over an hour and a
half and it was great, turned out to be a rewarding experience. My CFI's
name is Lucky (real name not a nickname)
John

Old February 27th 04, 05:43 PM
Jay Beckman

"John" wrote in message
om...
Just found this group a few days ago, it looks like it is interesting. I
started taking private pilot cert. lessons this weekend. I logged my

first
two hours. The first half hour was windy and I was questioning why I

wanted
to do this, but we went back out the second day for just over an hour and

half and it was great, turned out to be a rewarding experience. My CFI's
name is Lucky (real name not a nickname)
John

Congrats John!

I'm a low timer too (1.9 Hrs) and I'm lovin' it !!

Good Luck

Jay Beckman
Chandler, AZ
Student Pilot
1.9 Hrs ... Nowhere to go but up !

Old February 27th 04, 05:50 PM
Cecil E. Chapman

Be sure to check out rec.aviation.student. It is an invaluable resource for
pilots at all levels. Welcome to the sky!

=-----
Good Flights!

Cecil
PP-ASEL

Check out my personal flying adventures complete with pictures and text at:
www.bayareapilot.com

- Antoine de Saint-Exupery -

"We who fly, do so for the love of flying. We are alive in the air with
this miracle that lies in our hands and beneath our feet"
- Cecil Day Lewis -

Old February 27th 04, 05:52 PM
Rob Thomas

John,

Welcome to an very rewarding and enriching experience!

When I first started training for my license (within the first 5 hours), we
flew into a very busy airport (John Wayne in Orange County, CA) on a very
windy day (actually say a MD-80 perform a go around). That just about
sealed the deal for me. I didn't think this flying thing was for me.

Needless to say, most days aren't that bad, and you'll eventually get used
to the bumps in the road that the wind provides. Keep at it.

Enjoy the process! It's fun!

r.

om...

Old February 27th 04, 06:06 PM
G.R. Patterson III

John wrote:

Just found this group a few days ago, it looks like it is interesting. I
started taking private pilot cert. lessons this weekend.

You might also want to check out rec.aviation.student.

George Patterson
A diplomat is a person who can tell you to go to hell in such a way that
you look forward to the trip.
Old February 27th 04, 08:49 PM
Jack Allison

Welcome aboard John! Learning to fly is one of the best things you could
ever do. You'll find a wealth of info. here and in r.a.s. And, you'll have
a good time hanging around these newsgroups. Lots of great insights, funny
stories, etc.

--
Jack Allison
PP-ASEL

you will always long to return"
- Leonardo Da Vinci

Old February 27th 04, 10:54 PM
Brad Z

Welcome! The fact that you're working towards a "certificate" rather than a
"license" proves to me that your aviation career in the rec.aviation.*
usenet groups will be successful and flame-free.

Have fun!

By the way, personal experience...5 hours into my PP training I managed to
thump a landing hard enough to shatter the plexiglass windscreen. I was
nearly about to give it up, but 6 hours and 2 weeks later I soloed. I'm glad
I stuck with it, and now 10 years several hundred hours later, I'm finally
an instructor!

om...

Old February 28th 04, 04:31 PM
Cecil E. Chapman

Great to hear! Thanks! I put it up for fun and also as an effort to
'return the favor' of the people who had similar sites that inspired me as I
went through my basic PP training!

Have fun!

=-----
Good Flights!

Cecil
PP-ASEL

Check out my personal flying adventures complete with pictures and text at:
www.bayareapilot.com

- Antoine de Saint-Exupery -

"We who fly, do so for the love of flying. We are alive in the air with
this miracle that lies in our hands and beneath our feet"
- Cecil Day Lewis -
om...