Empty Oshgosh?

Old July 31st 07, 12:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Lou

Default Empty Oshgosh?

Maybe it's just me, but I was there Mon-Wed and it seemed that
there was a lot of empy space. Instead of parking the planes back
to back they where just wing tip to wing tip. I also noticed that you
could
grow crops in the ultra light area. I was very interested in looking
at
a two seat LSA that was listed as a vendor that was a no show.
Also, the flymart had a ton of open space.
Did any of this space fill up after Wednesday? I know on Monday that
quite a few vendors were still setting up. The aero mart wasn't even
ready for customers. Great business practice for them.'
Lou

Old July 31st 07, 01:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Darrel Toepfer

Lou wrote:

Maybe it's just me, but I was there Mon-Wed and it seemed that
there was a lot of empy space. Instead of parking the planes back
to back they where just wing tip to wing tip. I also noticed that you
could
grow crops in the ultra light area. I was very interested in looking
at
a two seat LSA that was listed as a vendor that was a no show.
Also, the flymart had a ton of open space.
Did any of this space fill up after Wednesday? I know on Monday that
quite a few vendors were still setting up. The aero mart wasn't even
ready for customers. Great business practice for them.'

I told my dad as much and it was our first trip there... There were also
unused parking lots for cars too...
Old July 31st 07, 03:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
John Theune

Lou wrote:
Maybe it's just me, but I was there Mon-Wed and it seemed that
there was a lot of empy space. Instead of parking the planes back
to back they where just wing tip to wing tip. I also noticed that you
could
grow crops in the ultra light area. I was very interested in looking
at
a two seat LSA that was listed as a vendor that was a no show.
Also, the flymart had a ton of open space.
Did any of this space fill up after Wednesday? I know on Monday that
quite a few vendors were still setting up. The aero mart wasn't even
ready for customers. Great business practice for them.'
Lou

As I recall Tuesday they broadcast no more spots on the ATIS. I saw
things empty out on Wednesday and Thursday but it looked quite full the
begining of the week.
Old July 31st 07, 09:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Lou

Your right, it looked full. But in the past they used to park the
planes side
by side and back to back. This year it was only side by side. That is
half the
planes missing.
Lou

Old August 1st 07, 04:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
John T[_1_]

uh, no. We parked planes tail in also. Not every row can handle both
straight in and tail in planes. For example, we park twins in their own
row, straight in only. Then, because of space limitations, the row the
twins face do not have tail-in parking, just straight in.
Some of the first few rows (I'm talking north 40 here) are also too
narrow (75') for combined tail in and straight in parking. The 90' wide
rows will get both usually.

Old August 1st 07, 06:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Jay Honeck

Did any of this space fill up after Wednesday? I know on Monday that
quite a few vendors were still setting up. The aero mart wasn't even
ready for customers. Great business practice for them.'

It was very full early on, Sunday and Monday. The camping areas were
full by Tuesday.

However, when a lot of people left on Tuesday/Wednesday, the "Second
Wave" that usually appears was quite small. Dunno if it was the
weather, or what, but we often have two or three different neighbors
in the North 40, when we stay the whole week.

Not this year.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old August 2nd 07, 01:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Ron Natalie

Lou wrote:
Maybe it's just me, but I was there Mon-Wed and it seemed that
there was a lot of empy space. Instead of parking the planes back
to back they where just wing tip to wing tip.

We have never T-d them in in the show plane (homebuilt/vintage) areas
and to my knowledge they only did that in the North 40 in the years
when it was too soggy to use a lot of the field.

Attendence is down this year for sure in Vintage. We never even got
close to filling up. It was worse than last year. The last year
the show ended on Monday we did run all the way to the end.

The ultralight area was certainly thin. LSA is probably the
factor. First, the wink-wink nudge-nudge "for instructional
use only" two seater fat ultralight is going away which pretty
much wipes out a lot of the guys who aren't prepared to get
their stuff even eLSA capable. Those who could, were up
showing in the LSA demo areas.

Notably absent was CGS? No muzzleloaders this year.

Old August 2nd 07, 01:23 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Ron Natalie

John Theune wrote:

As I recall Tuesday they broadcast no more spots on the ATIS. I saw
things empty out on Wednesday and Thursday but it looked quite full the
begining of the week.

We were never closed in Vintage. I can't believe the North 40
technically closed either. I think the tower just stopped arrivals
because things got too backed up on the taxiways.
Old August 2nd 07, 01:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Morgans[_2_]

"Ron Natalie" wrote

We have never T-d them in in the show plane (homebuilt/vintage) areas
and to my knowledge they only did that in the North 40 in the years
when it was too soggy to use a lot of the field.

They tailed them in at the homebuilt area every one of the 5 years I worked
there.
--
Jim in NC

Old August 2nd 07, 03:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Darrel Toepfer

Ron Natalie wrote:

Notably absent was CGS? No muzzleloaders this year.

Waited in line only to find out he wasn't there...

Where can you get empty caulking gun tubes... Jerry Wass Home Built 16 March 3rd 11 04:36 PM
test empty Tommy Simulators 0 November 29th 05 09:47 PM
Why does the Pilot parking empty first? Al Piloting 8 September 28th 05 03:23 AM
Turbo Lance empty weight John Doe Owning 3 September 1st 05 04:56 PM
Anyone dissapointed with Oshgosh? Lou Parker Home Built 98 August 25th 03 12:44 AM