Name That Glider

Old August 4th 10, 06:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
sisu1a

Default Name That Glider

Anybody know what kind of glider is in this pic?
http://picasaweb.google.com/10419568...25495077532370

#46 of this set: http://picasaweb.google.com/10419568...010WGCVisitor#

The only ships I know of with dihedral on the T-tail is the Adastra
the D-36/ASW12 and the Lark. I'm sure there are others in the vintage
group, but not anything modern that I know of. Contest #10 at Szeged
is the LS-10 Vladimir Folton is flying for Slovakia. Wingtip looks
correct for a 10, but that tailplane... is it an LS 10 with a custom/
experimental tailplane -or- that modded D-36 maybe?

-Paul
Old August 4th 10, 06:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Anybody know what kind of glider is in this pic?http://picasaweb.google.com/10419568...d2010WGCVisito...

#46 of this set:http://picasaweb.google.com/10419568...010WGCVisitor#

The only ships I know of with dihedral on the T-tail is the Adastra
the D-36/ASW12 and the Lark. I'm sure there are others in the vintage
group, but not anything modern that I know of. Contest #10 at Szeged
is the LS-10 Vladimir Folton is flying for Slovakia. Wingtip looks
correct for a 10, but that tailplane... is it an LS 10 with a custom/
experimental tailplane -or- that modded D-36 maybe?

-Paul

It's an illusion caused by wing behind tail in photo.
D-36 and ASW-12 had no dihedral in stab.
UH
Old August 4th 10, 06:33 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
sisu1a

It's an illusion caused by wing behind tail in photo.
D-36 and ASW-12 had no dihedral in stab.
UH

*rubs eyes and looks at pic again* Ohhh... heh, right.

*googles pics of 36's & 12's* Ohhh... .

*puts hands in pockets, kicks rock*

-p
Old August 4th 10, 06:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Evan Ludeman[_2_]

On Aug 4, 1:13*pm, sisu1a wrote:
Anybody know what kind of glider is in this pic?

One clue would be that little red "DG" sticker :-)

-T8
Old August 4th 10, 09:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Peter Scholz[_2_]

Am 04.08.2010 19:51, Evan Ludeman wrote:
On Aug 4, 1:13 pm, sisu1a wrote:
Anybody know what kind of glider is in this pic?

One clue would be that little red "DG" sticker :-)

-T8

I 'm pretty sure it's an LS10

--
Peter Scholz
ASW24 JE
Old August 4th 10, 11:20 PM
Ventus_a Ventus_a is offline
Senior Member

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by View Post

#46 of this set:http://picasaweb.google.com/10419568...010WGCVisitor#

The only ships I know of with dihedral on the T-tail is the Adastra
the D-36/ASW12 and the Lark. I'm sure there are others in the vintage
group, but not anything modern that I know of. Contest #10 at Szeged
is the LS-10 Vladimir Folton is flying for Slovakia. Wingtip looks
correct for a 10, but that tailplane... is it an LS 10 with a custom/
experimental tailplane -or- that modded D-36 maybe?

-Paul

It's an illusion caused by wing behind tail in photo.
D-36 and ASW-12 had no dihedral in stab.
UH
Photo 56 in the series shows the glider from the other side and no dihedral to be seen on the tailplane

Regards
GNL
Old August 5th 10, 12:56 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Stephen Thomas

On Aug 4, 1:13 pm, sisu1a wrote:
Anybody know what kind of glider is in this pic?

One clue would be that little red "DG" sticker :-)

-T8

I 'm pretty sure it's an LS10

--
Peter Scholz
ASW24 JE

IS-28-B2 for sure!!
One to be seen at Magalies GC [or used to be!]
Old August 5th 10, 01:19 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
John Smith

Anybody know what kind of glider is in this pic?

One clue would be that little red "DG" sticker :-)

I 'm pretty sure it's an LS10

IS-28-B2 for sure!!

Funny that nobody so far had the idea to just look at the home page of
the WGC Szeged. :-)

And the winner is... (Hint: incidentally or not, the contest sign
happens to have a meaning.)
Old August 5th 10, 02:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
guy

You guys would not very good forensic image analysts.
What looks like dihedral in the tailplane of the LS-10 is the wing of
the plane in the background.
Guy
Old August 6th 15, 03:13 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
John Bojack J4

That LS plane "10" in the picture actually looks like an 18m LS-6. The wingtips are smaller, and the fuselage landing gear is not the larger sized wheel used on the 10.

My guess, and LS-6c18w

Exporting a glider to/import a glider into Germany Pete Smith[_2_] Soaring 1 August 8th 08 09:33 AM
Glider Model - Blaue Maus- 1922 Wasserkuppe Glider [email protected] Soaring 5 November 19th 06 11:08 PM
shipping glider to NZ-advice on securing glider in trailer November Bravo Soaring 6 November 1st 06 02:05 PM
First Glider Jeff Runciman Soaring 44 October 4th 04 04:58 PM
Looking for first glider Jeff Runciman Soaring 17 September 8th 04 08:29 PM