Commercial - New LX7007

Old June 29th 05, 07:16 PM
Paul Remde

Default Commercial - New LX7007

Hi,

LX Navigation will soon begin shipping the new LX7007 Pro IGC flight
computer. I expect the first units to arrive sometime in July.

The LX7007 Pro IGC is the newest version of what was previously the LX7000
Pro IGC. The new version offers a faster processor, more memory (I think)
for waypoints, airspace and flight logs, and can provide 5V power for a
Pocket PC.

Since the LX7007 units will be available soon I would like to sell the
LX7000 Pro IGC unit in my stock at a reduced price. I have found that
customers (and myself) prefer to get the latest versions so I must reduce
the price of the old model to sell it. I need to reduce the price enough
for customers to feel the price difference makes up for the fact that it is
not the latest model. I will therefore offer the LX7000 Pro IGC for $3995
(US $) which is $500 below the market price.

You can compare the 2 units on my web site he
http://www.cumulus-soaring.com/lx.htm

Good Soaring,

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.
http://www.cumulus-soaring.com

Old June 29th 05, 08:04 PM
Ray Lovinggood

Paul,

You may be breaking a 'rule', but you aren't yelling
and screaming like some plaid pants wearing, toupee
covered, grinding (pick your place) accent spewing
used car salesman. I don't mind your 'advertisements'
one bit.

And, I do see 'private' individuals who post an 'advertisement'
that they are selling their glider or their instruments
or whatever on this venue and I look for these items.
Not that I can buy a glider, but I like to know what's
out there.

So, for me, I don't mind at all when Paul, Tim Mara,
Tom Knauff, or any other business mentions they've
got something new to sell.

Ray Lovinggood
Carrboro, North Carolina, USA

At 18:54 29 June 2005, T O D D P A T T I S T wrote:
'Paul Remde' wrote:

I will therefore offer the LX7000 Pro IGC for $3995

(US $) which is $500 below the market price.

Please don't do this Paul. This is not a commercial
forum
and advertising is prohibited.

T o d d P a t t i s t - 'WH' Ventus C
(Remove DONTSPAMME from address to email reply.)

Old June 29th 05, 09:04 PM
Raphael Warshaw

We have few enough vendors in our sport and the market is highly fragmented.
Among those few are some of our best and most knowledgeable pilots. Many of
them support us as speakers and exhibitors at our conventions. All of them
have been generous with their time when I've had questions, even when it
wasn't about something they sell. IMHO, none of them have abused the
privilege. I think we can afford them a bit of space on this forum for
product announcements, etc..

I vote with Ray Lovinggood.

Ray Warshaw

Old June 29th 05, 10:33 PM
Don Johnstone

I have just heard some very good news, Paul Remde at
Cumulus Soaring, Inc. http://www.cumulus-soaring.com/lx.htm
has a really good deal on the LX7000 Pro ICG. The LX7007
Pro IGC is the newest version of what was previously
the LX7000 Pro IGC. The new version offers a faster
processor, more memory (I think) for waypoints, airspace
and flight logs, and can provide 5V power for a Pocket
PC.

He is now offering the LX7000 Pro IGC unit at a reduced
price of $3995 (US $) which is $500 below the market
price.

This was such good news that even thought I live in
the UK I had to share it with you.

DJ
ASW17 401
Norfolk UK

Ps I am not selling anything at all.

Old June 29th 05, 10:33 PM
Raphael Warshaw

OK, then why not let the Usenet folks police it. Since, apparently, most of
us are not bothered by these postings, most of which are, arguably,
informational anyway, if the "owners" of the medium choose to ignore them,
so might we. I doubt that this will result in a flood of commercial posts
from our vendors; there just aren't that many of them (or us for that
matter).

Ray Warshaw

"T o d d P a t t i s t" wrote in message
"Raphael Warshaw" wrote:

I think we can afford them a bit of space on this forum for
product announcements, etc..

I vote with Ray Lovinggood.

Respectfully, it's not a voting issue. We don't own the
computers used to distribute this newsgroup. Those who do
own them rely on the Usenet rule that non-commercial forums
prohibit commercial posting. Some Usenet distributors,
particularly those who allow free access, refuse to carry
groups that allow commercial posts. Those who carry this
Usenet group uniformly have Terms of Service prohibiting
commercial posting in non-commercial groups.

If one commercial poster is allowed, others who have
refrained from posting by virtue of their respect for the
rules will feel that they must make similar posts to remain
competitive.

Old June 30th 05, 12:04 AM

Please bear in mind that the updated LX 7000, sometimes identified as
the 7007, is still being tested by the IGC GNSS FR Approval Committee
(GFAC) and is not yet IGC-approved.

Details of GFAC testing are confidential but I can say that a LX7007
Display and Recorder unit has been received for testing and that a
dialogue exists between GFAC and the manufacturer LXN on a number of
points.

When the LX 7007 is IGC-approved, this will be announced in the normal
way on newsgroup r.a.s., on the igc-discuss email group, and the LX7000
IGC-approval document will be updated on the IGC GNSS web site.

Ian Strachan
Chairman IGC GFA Committee

Old June 30th 05, 12:21 AM
Paul Remde