Aircraft won't land at Palm Springs in FS2002

Old October 23rd 04, 05:24 AM
Allan K. Lindsay-O'Neal

Default Aircraft won't land at Palm Springs in FS2002

Hey,
does anyone have a problem getting aircraft to land at KPSP?

Takeoffs are fine, landings at other airports are fine and even approaches are
fine at KPSP. They approach at about 2,400 ft 10 mi out, then climb abruptly to 3500 ft 6 mi out, then
it's too late to make a proper decent. They go "missed", circle around and do the same thing again.
Any idea what's keeping them from touching down?

Thanks,
Old October 23rd 04, 06:14 AM
me @ comcast

allen,

not surewhat you are desribing,but,,,,,,,

i did a ifr direct from L77 KPSP , palm springs approach cleared me for
visual 13R and handed me off to palm springs tower (weather clear -no wind).
lined up and on final approx 10 nm out when handed over.
palm springs tower then had me make right traffic for 31L, i thought that
was kinda strange.

i'll try again tomorrow morning with same flight using fs2004 to see if same
outcome.

i'll re-post results here :-)

Old October 25th 04, 08:01 PM
Tom Gibson

AI do not like terrain around the airport. As I remember, there is high
terrain around PSP. Therefore, they will be unlikely to land. Sorry!

Hope this helps,

Old October 26th 04, 01:08 PM
FlyingAxx

Tom Gibson wrote:
AI do not like terrain around the airport. As I remember, there is high
terrain around PSP. Therefore, they will be unlikely to land. Sorry!

Hope this helps,

Don't think so. Most likely AI will go *through* the mountains. You
should try to follow any AI traffic at some airports (e.g. Samedan in
Switzerland) and you'll find it out soon.
--
Regards
Axel
Old October 27th 04, 06:52 PM
Tom Gibson

I've seen both. I have followed many AI aircraft that climb over
terrain, instead of going throught them. The only time they go through
mountains is when they do not have the climb rate to go over them.