Flying women movies???

Old August 5th 08, 08:17 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
rnruss52

Default Flying women movies???

On Tue, 5 Aug 2008 17:36:27 +0000 (UTC), gatt
wrote:

Lou wrote:
I have an impressionable young daughter that doesn't seem to have an
interest in flying. However she has an interest in successful women.
Does anyone have a recommendation of movies that spotlight women who
fly? Remember, this is a pre-teen, so it has to be family oriented.
I'm hoping this will spark an interest.

Fly Away Home ? (Anna Paquin)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fly_Away_Home

Agree 100% with Gatt. I thought of this movie immediately, but
couldn't remember the name. If this movie doesn't do it, nothing
will.
RNR
Old August 5th 08, 08:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dudley Henriques[_2_]

gatt wrote:
Dudley Henriques wrote:

Patty can be reached by the public at www.pattywagstaff.com/

Yeow. She has a new look. What a rock star!

The last time I saw Wagstaff fly the younger elements of the crowd
looked bored. It bothered me until I realized it's because she makes it
look so easy that one might suppose anybody could do it.

-c

She's a lovely person as well as one of the finest pilots on the planet.

You're right. She makes it look easy. She's also flying Jim Beasley's
P51 on occasion and her display in the Mustang is extremely well done.

--
Dudley Henriques
Old August 5th 08, 09:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
More_Flaps

On Aug 6, 4:33*am, Lou wrote:
I have an impressionable young daughter that doesn't seem to have an
interest in flying. However she has an interest in successful women.
Does anyone have a recommendation of movies that spotlight women who
fly? Remember, this is a pre-teen, so it has to be family oriented.
I'm hoping this will spark an interest.

Mary Poppins?
LOL
Cheers

Old August 5th 08, 10:07 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
xyzzy

On Aug 5, 2:45*pm, Jim Logajan wrote:
Jim Logajan wrote:
Here's a documentary I found but have no idea of the quality:

"Wings of their Own" 2004

Found a trailer for the above:

http://blip.tv/file/49188

Looks like a good movie but I don't think it will do it for a 13 year
old.
Old August 6th 08, 03:13 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
BillJ

Lou wrote:
I have an impressionable young daughter that doesn't seem to have an
interest in flying. However she has an interest in successful women.
Does anyone have a recommendation of movies that spotlight women who
fly? Remember, this is a pre-teen, so it has to be family oriented.
I'm hoping this will spark an interest.
Lou

"Always" is a great flying movie with Holly Hunter as pilot, air traffic
controller, and in a love "triangle".
Old August 6th 08, 04:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Lou

"Always" is a great flying movie with Holly Hunter as pilot, air traffic
controller, and in a love "triangle".

Thanks everyone, I've ordered a couple different movies from the
library.
I think I'll wait on the love triangle movie, I'm her dad, I only want
her
to start certain interest.
Dudley, please apologize to Patty for me, I realized what I wrote
after I
hit send.
Lou
Old August 6th 08, 10:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
FUBARsquared

Sally Field in the "Flying Nun"
Old August 6th 08, 10:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Lou

On Aug 6, 4:06 pm, FUBARsquared wrote:
Sally Field in the "Flying Nun"

Yes, that's what I want. My daughter to jump off a roof holding on
to her hat.
Lou
Old August 6th 08, 10:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
John[_1_]

Consider "High Road to China" Look at IMDB.com for more info.

Take care . . .

John
Old August 7th 08, 01:41 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Matt Whiting

Lou wrote:
On Aug 6, 4:06 pm, FUBARsquared wrote:
Sally Field in the "Flying Nun"

Yes, that's what I want. My daughter to jump off a roof holding on
to her hat.
Lou

Well, the subject says "flying women", not women pilots. :-)