Ping Mxsmanic...

Old September 28th 06, 10:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bill Denton

Default Ping Mxsmanic...

Hello!

May I suggest that you subscribe to alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim and
direct your questions to that group?

I think you might receive a better reception in that group...

Old September 28th 06, 11:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Roger Anderson

"Bill Denton" wrote in message
m...
Hello!

May I suggest that you subscribe to alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim and
direct your questions to that group?

I think you might receive a better reception in that group...

Bill, - he's been there, done that and now moved on to you guys, - I'm sure
he feels he gets a better class of information with you, - he's certainly
succeeded in generating longer threads, - and the main reason |I'm presently
watching this group is to see how you handle him.

Roger.

Old September 29th 06, 01:56 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Grumman-581[_4_]

Bill Denton wrote:
Hello!

May I suggest that you subscribe to alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim and
direct your questions to that group?

I think you might receive a better reception in that group...

Other more appropriate groups have already been suggested... He doesn't
take the hint very well...

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.a...bc38f2b?hl=en&

Old September 29th 06, 04:16 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mike[_11_]

Grumman-581 wrote:
Bill Denton wrote:
Hello!

May I suggest that you subscribe to alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim and
direct your questions to that group?

I think you might receive a better reception in that group...

Other more appropriate groups have already been suggested... He doesn't
take the hint very well...

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.a...bc38f2b?hl=en&

I also agree with Todd. He/she expresses a great interest in the real
world of flying, and I think there is no better place then
rec.aviation.piloting. The NG brings a lot of knowledge and real-world
experience to the table. I, myself, am a flight simulator enthusiast
with intentions of flying some day.

--
Mike
Old September 29th 06, 07:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Peter Duniho

"T o d d P a t t i s t" wrote in message
I still stand by my earlier comments that he's welcome here.
Any sim pilot that wants to know how sim compares to real
flying should come here

I don't disagree with the general sentiment. But he hasn't shown himself to
be such a person, IMHO. That is, in fact, the root cause of all the
complaints.

He spends most of his time arguing about the information offered to him,
rather than comprehending it. He doesn't exhibit any true desire to
actually know what reality is, instead preferring to hold tightly to all of
his preconceived notions.

That, IMHO, is a waste of bandwidth and everyone's time.

Pete

Old September 30th 06, 12:39 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Sylvain

Peter Duniho wrote:

I don't disagree with the general sentiment. But he hasn't shown himself
to be such a person, IMHO. That is, in fact, the root cause of all the
complaints.

well, I am optimistic; see how pleasant Skylune has become of late? he
still has weird ideas about GA but he has become quite civil and even if
I don't agree with his arguments, he articulates them well enough to be
readable. As long as the guy asks reasonable questions I don't see
a problem; I'll just ignore the rest.

--Sylvain
Old September 30th 06, 03:09 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Peter Duniho

"Sylvain" wrote in message
t...
well, I am optimistic; see how pleasant Skylune has become of late?

Nope. I'll take your word for it.

[...] As long as the guy asks reasonable questions I don't see
a problem;

Obviously, "reasonable questions" is in the eye of the beholder. I
certainly won't question your threshold for that.

I'll just ignore the rest.

That's a respectful, and way-too-mature attitude for me to be able to adopt,
I guess. I just can't see myself wasting time answering even seemingly
benign questions, given how quickly they often seem to turn into the
ever-deepening holes of dispair he manages to turn them into.

I have made way too many good-faith attempts to answer his questions as best
I can, only to be treated with argumentative disdain. Just not worth my
time or effort anymore.

But good luck with that, and more power to you! You're a bigger man
(woman?) than I.

Pete

Old October 2nd 06, 03:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Maule Driver

Peter Duniho wrote:

He spends most of his time arguing about the information offered to him,
rather than comprehending it. He doesn't exhibit any true desire to
actually know what reality is, instead preferring to hold tightly to all of
his preconceived notions.

Sounds like he fits right in...

It would be nice if he/she went out and got a little stick time, then
came back.

Please Ignore Mxsmanic Terry Piloting 45 September 29th 06 08:26 PM
Ping: Mike Granby 396/KLN94 Jim Burns Owning 4 July 6th 06 02:55 AM
Avgas in France has reached $7.50/gal ! G Farris Piloting 520 April 29th 05 05:17 PM
15 Meter National Ping Pong Results Jeff Landfield Soaring 1 May 22nd 04 04:55 AM