where to get plans

Old November 9th 07, 08:33 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Rob_S

Default where to get plans

I am looking for plans for plans for a tube and fabric, side by side 2
seater, high folding wing, stol/bush aircraft such as the kitfox, zenair
701 or Merlin GT. 65 hp motor like Rotax 582.

If anyone has a set or know where to get them would be greatly appreciated.

Bob Stacey

Old November 9th 07, 08:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Gig 601XL Builder

Rob_S wrote:
I am looking for plans for plans for a tube and fabric, side by side 2
seater, high folding wing, stol/bush aircraft such as the kitfox,
zenair 701 or Merlin GT. 65 hp motor like Rotax 582.

If anyone has a set or know where to get them would be greatly
appreciated.

Bob Stacey

Well I can't help you but I can help you shorten your list some. The Zenith
701 is neither a tube and fabric or a folding wing and doesn't perform very
well with a 65 hp engine.

Old November 9th 07, 10:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Lou

Well I can't help you but I can help you shorten your list some. The Zenith
701 is neither a tube and fabric or a folding wing and doesn't perform very
well with a 65 hp engine.

Oh come on, the wings will fold if you hit them just right.
Lou

Old November 9th 07, 11:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Frank Stutzman[_2_]

Well I can't help you but I can help you shorten your list some. The Zenith
701 is neither a tube and fabric or a folding wing and doesn't perform very
well with a 65 hp engine.

You are correct on most of those items, except that 701 does have an
option for folding wing. See http://www.zenithair.com/stolch701/fwo.html

While it does exist, I don't think its very popular.

--
Frank Stutzman
Bonanza N494B "Hula Girl"

Old November 10th 07, 02:11 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Rob_S

Thanks guys...
I know the Zenair is not fabric and I don't know how it flys 65 horses. I
would love to have $40k to splash on a kit with a 912 but with about a
quarter of that available I am going to have to settle for something a
little more realistic. I don't mind tackling a scratch built project if I
could find a set of proven plans for this type of aircraft.

Old November 10th 07, 07:06 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Rutan Kid

On Nov 9, 7:11 pm, "Rob_S"
wrote:
[...]

Whoa! guys, gals if any.
Your still thinking about using Rotax and half VW engines. Not to bag
on them but there not the most reliable for the price or the weight.
When i was off web browsing I found these guys http://www.rotaryae.com/
They are rotary but you may want to take a peek they changed my mind
from the lycoming, VW for my Quickie Q-200 I now have one on order as
soon as there testing or something like that is done.

Old November 10th 07, 08:16 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Ron Wanttaja

On Sat, 10 Nov 2007 07:06:16 -0000, Rutan Kid wrote:

Whoa! guys, gals if any.
Your still thinking about using Rotax and half VW engines. Not to bag
on them but there not the most reliable for the price or the weight.
When i was off web browsing I found these guys http://www.rotaryae.com/
They are rotary but you may want to take a peek they changed my mind
from the lycoming, VW for my Quickie Q-200 I now have one on order as
soon as there testing or something like that is done.

If they haven't even started testing them yet, what makes you think they'll be
more reliable than Rotaxes or half-VWs?

Ron Wanttaja
Old November 10th 07, 12:33 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Scott[_1_]

Do you get Kitplanes Magazine? The December issue lists all known KIT
planes and I believe the January issues show all PLANS built planes...

Scott

Rob_S wrote:
[...]

http://corbenflyer.tripod.com/
Gotta Fly or Gonna Die
Building RV-4 (Super Slow Build Version)
Old November 10th 07, 12:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Stealth Pilot[_2_]

On Fri, 9 Nov 2007 17:03:18 -0330, "Rob_S"
wrote:

I am looking for plans for plans for a tube and fabric, side by side 2
seater, high folding wing, stol/bush aircraft such as the kitfox, zenair
701 or Merlin GT. 65 hp motor like Rotax 582.

If anyone has a set or know where to get them would be greatly appreciated.

Bob Stacey

bob you are about 45 ponies short of a decent engine there.
stol is all about surplus horsepower for the climb out.

Stealth Pilot
Old November 10th 07, 03:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Maxwell

"Rob_S" wrote in message
I am looking for plans for plans for a tube and fabric, side by side 2
seater, high folding wing, stol/bush aircraft such as the kitfox, zenair
701 or Merlin GT. 65 hp motor like Rotax 582.

If anyone has a set or know where to get them would be greatly
appreciated.

A quick Google search on any of those names will get you in touch with
sources their plans, and lots of cool photos too.

Long EZ plans, Mini IMP plans, F4U Corsair plans, materials, instruments for sale reader Home Built 1 January 26th 11 01:40 AM
VP-2 Plans kansaswildman Home Built 77 May 4th 07 04:10 PM
Duster Plans For Sale - BJ-1b fullsize sailplane plans WoodHawk Soaring 0 April 25th 05 04:37 AM
Plans WTB kalfreds0412 Home Built 8 February 16th 05 07:15 AM
want to trade 601 plans for 701 plans [email protected] Home Built 0 January 27th 05 07:50 PM